Sniper Competition

115vld

Guys and gals,

I am shooting in the Tiger Valley Team Sniper competition in two weeks. It is held in Waco, TX. I will be the "sniper" and my cousin will be the gas gunner.

I started a shooting school recently after the request of my gunsmith and many others in the TX Triangle area wanted to learn how to shoot long range. Well I figured I would put my shooting skills to the test. Might as well huh?:rolleyes:

ANywho, this is the stick I will be shooting...she's a sharp stick on top of that!

LONG GUN bult by JBJ Custom guns of New Waverly TX
6.5x47 Lapua
Left handed Rem 700 SA
CDI bottom metal with 10 round AI mags
Tac Ops bolt
Tubb Pin and Spring
Huber Concepts 2 stage trigger
29" Lawton 8 twist ending at 1.1" at muzzle
McMillan A3
Badger 20 min base
Near Alpha Mount rings with 20moa built into them
Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NPR2
130 Bergers at 2900 fps

Side arm-
JBJ Custom 1911 chambered in 38 Super
Caspian Slide and Frame
KKM barrel
Custom made grips(pink naturally:D)
Novak Low sights

Wish me luck and hopefully I will see some of yall there!

I haven't been to one of those shoots. But, I may try to get down there to see what it's all about. Good luck!

-- richard

TJ runs a good match in Tiger Valley, hes a very good guy. I run the TPRC here in Phoenix every year. This past years was 3 weeks ago and it was a blast. If you never seen one before, take a look at our match website(IM Not trying to sell anything) if your interested. TPRC2011 Match its a fun time and definitely challenging.

Good luck to you!!

Scott

Thanks Scott.

Does Tiger Valley post the match format/rules in advance? I couldn't find them on the web site.

-- richard

If they're not on his website, then check over at the hide. They post up a bunch of stuff about the match there too.

Spec dyn is right. I found it over on the hide. I had to ask about 10 people to be my gasser until my cousin finally said yes. Everyone else was too scared. I've never understood people who stay on te sidelines. Guess it's easy for them to be a Monday morning QB. I can't wait. I will have a blast! I have put over 1000 rounds down range out to 1300 yards in the last 2 months and am getting about 98% first round hits on my Tubb targets. The more I shoot my 6.5x47 the more I love it!

Just can't wait to get my 338 Norma back from the smith now!!!!

Be sure you practice in full value wind situations, because that is what you will likely have in Waco. I shot some 600 yard and 1000 yard matches there a few years back. Good luck! Be sure to learn something!

Long450- I have a 3000 yard range on my place I shoot on everyday in every possible wind situation from every position. I have put a LOT of rounds down range getting ready for this comp!!! I got to pick Todd Hodnetts brain a few months back and he gave me some "interesting" wind reading formulas that work extremely well. I hope my gas gunner is up to par with his shooting too. My pistol work has been dang close to lights out so we will see!

MSLR- I will have most of the comp on film and put on youtube and lots of stills too as my dad does photography and filming on the side of his vet practice. We will have a good video to put up hopefully.

Pics will be put up of my rifle in a few minutes. My actual comp pistol is being worked on right now but this is the back up if its not ready by then. Green custom stained grips are on it now but think I will put the pink ones on just to spite people :D

photo2-1.jpg

riflepic.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.