Snake Wrangler!! 🤣😂🤣

We don't try to kill any snake unless they may pose a treat to us or our animals. The only reason I kill this one in the picture is because we were camping on the river with several families and a dozen children running around.
I always cook snake on the grill with a little Tabasco. Very easy to skin and clean. Also goes good with Margaritas!

The only snake I kill is rattlers. I had a horse bit twice by two differant snakes , The horse ended up dieing,so all rattlers die. I still have riding mules
Had a Deer (Doe) that was always in our yard and Jill could feed by hand. We think that what happened is that she accidently stepped on a Copperhead (we have more of them than rattlers) and bit her left leg. It swelled up the size of a Cantaloupe. She did recover, but a month later I had to put her down. Copperheads are way worse than a Rattler with poison and they blend right in with the leaves/ground. I almost got bit several times. Have to look at everything when picking firewood up off the ground. We have a lot of Black, Corn, Pine, snakes here in this part of GA and Copperheads. Now about 20miles away there are a lot of Rattlers on the Pine Tree Plantation forests. The #1 Crop in GA are Pine Trees. These areas are leased out for Deer hunting. I scouted any area out one year for Deer hunting and ran into 8 Rattlers within (2) hours. I always were a good "Muck Boot", Snake Boots, or Snake Chaps. Had a good meal that night!

I did it again this morning while gathering wood for this weekends camping trip. Too cool!! One of God's good ones! 👍
IMG_2658.jpegIMG_2659.jpegIMG_2660.jpegIMG_2661.jpeg

What kind of snake is that?
IMG_2664.png

Gray Rat Snake. There's a few different variations, but the main picture looks like my guy. He was pretty cold this morning and didn't have much of a temper when I took his picture. I needed the wood he'd been living in so I talked him into going somewhere else for the time being. 😇

Back when I was living at home on the farm I always kept a burlap sack on the tractor when I was mowing hay and would catch any black snake I saw and then take them to the barn and turn them loose to help with the mouse and rat population. It was very effective. I would toss them in the corn crib and hay loft and every now and then I would see one of them.

I was plowing 3 years ago and looked out the bottom left corner glass and noticed something different? Yup! A SNAKE! I, however, oticed it WASN'T venomous so UT gave me time to stop safely a bail out! While I was still driving it slithered behind my legs and up into the steering column. I looked to see where it went and UT was staring at me! Yikes! 4 weeks later it finally got removed, but not until it almost make me crash into an electric pole with a transformer on it. I thought it was gone? After 4 glue rat traps and 2 tepe glue traps with 1 spring loaded rat trap it came to an end. I hung a fresh dead bird (natural causes) outside next to the traps to get it to come out from hiding. About a 4' + brown racer. The John Deere people removed a plug in the floor to install a mechanical water temp gauge and that's where UT made its way in. It must have been on top of the transmission and stayed until it got hot, so it slithered in. The county animal control tried to remove it, but the pinchers couldn't get ahold of it.