Small, Light, midrange spotter/monocular?

entoptics

Wondering if anyone makes a small spotter/monocular in the neighborhood of 20X?

If I was king of the world, I'd design it to be a 10-20 x 50 mm, with a tripod mount, MOA reticle, weigh around 20 oz, and cost ≤ $500. Basically, I'd like to have a spotter that has the same functionality as a decent rifle scope, but for spotting shots on the range and spotting game in the field...

Anybody know of anything that fits this bill?

Why would you need/want a MOA reticle in a spitting scope? Isn't that what your rifle scope is for?

I'm a Swarovski guy, but the Vortex Razor would fit your bill the best, minus the reticle and price.

You are asking for far too much at the price point you are looking at. Weight savings comes at a premium, not to mention good enough glass to function.

Just my opinion however.

Good luck,
Steve

The reticle would be for range time spotting and group measurements, and perhaps gross range estimates (obviously not for firing solutions) and/or animal size estimates in the field.

As mentioned, those specs were "if I was king". Was mainly curious what's out there.

The Vortex 11-33 is both larger and more expensive than I was envisioning.

Leupold Gold Ring 10-20x40 would make your price point and weight but not objective size. Probably as good as it's gonna get under $500.

Sounds like you want everything that a riflescope can offer, why not just use one? If it's for observation, as in scanning for game and not just spotting impacts, then mount it on a tripod.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts