binos-low budget to midrange

ill rate the 3 pairs I have
monarch atb5 8x good daylight glass, good low light\
stiener preditor 10x. good daylight glass, fair low light, bit of problem getting really good focus out past 500 yards.
leupold mckinleys hd's. 8x. excellent in dayling and in low light. Granted there a bit more expensive pair of binoculars but if you watch camera land you can get good deals on them. I think I paid around 400 bucks for mine and I doubt your going to find much better glass for the money.
Only other mid range glass I have any real experience with is the z-ray ed's my buddy gas a pair and to me they fall in between my leupold and the Nikon. If I didn't have a set and was looking for a first binocular and on a budget id tell you to look at the Nikons first. Only vortex experience I have is a pair of 10x razors I had that got stolen from me. They were in a class above but are priced way over budget glass. After having those stolen I told myself no more 1000 dollar plus glass for me. The small difference in real world useage just doesn't justify the expense.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.