Slow Model 700 7mm Rem Mag?

A friend had me work a load up for an old Rem 700 7mag. i had the same thing with h-1000 if i remember correctly we went to 70gr. and pressured out settled on 69 gr. and only reached 2860 fps but was one hole 5 shot group repeated a few times. We left it there and he has taken many animals with it at some long distances. It was 160 gr. AB don't remember the brass but good stuff i am sure.

Trying to help a friend, he recently shot a hand load with 60gr of IMR 4350 under a 160gr Partition with another persons chrono and was in the high 2600's for velocity, I thought that the chrono he used was faulty so today we loaded the same load, all reloading techniques were solid and chronoed them using my V3 and all were between 2675 and 2715. He also shot some with H1000 up to pressure and only got to 2800. Not sure what to think, any help is greatly appreciated.
I never worry about how fast the rifle is shooting I worry more about accuracy. Why do people always try to figure out why their gun is not shooting as fast as someone else's the gun shoots what it shoots you gotta make? Sure that it is accurate nothing else matters