Slow Model 700 7mm Rem Mag?

Sockeye66

Trying to help a friend, he recently shot a hand load with 60gr of IMR 4350 under a 160gr Partition with another persons chrono and was in the high 2600's for velocity, I thought that the chrono he used was faulty so today we loaded the same load, all reloading techniques were solid and chronoed them using my V3 and all were between 2675 and 2715. He also shot some with H1000 up to pressure and only got to 2800. Not sure what to think, any help is greatly appreciated.

There's way more experienced here than I but I'm with you. I would think it should at least be in the high 2900 to 3k with 160s. I know each barrel is different but.... Is it too clean, too dirty, wore out. I'm assuming you've already been through the check list on components and such.

I am thinking more IMR4350 is tainted somehow. The velocity with H1000 is pretty much spot in according to Hodgdon data. It shows 2839fps. I recently had Varget <200fps than expected. Do you have any of the other powders Nosler listed below for the 160?

IMG_9952.jpeg

IMG_9953.png

Trying to help a friend, he recently shot a hand load with 60gr of IMR 4350 under a 160gr Partition with another persons chrono and was in the high 2600's for velocity, I thought that the chrono he used was faulty so today we loaded the same load, all reloading techniques were solid and chronoed them using my V3 and all were between 2675 and 2715. He also shot some with H1000 up to pressure and only got to 2800. Not sure what to think, any help is greatly appreciated.
Is he running a magnum primer?
wondering if he's getting complete powder combustion, since it acts like a reduced load

Is he running a magnum primer?
wondering if he's getting complete powder combustion, since it acts like a reduced load
He is running a CCI 250 but he also said that they were a fairly old lot, this may be the issue, I'm gonna give him some new CCi 250s to try and also some GM215's, thank you and thank all who have replied. I'll post an outcome if things get figured out.