Sling Opinions

fetch

I have a remington 700 sps varmit. Gun only weight is 8.5 pound with no scope or bipod.

What are you guys using / recommending for slings. I will have up to a 1 1/2 mile walk in. I will be using for deer season here in kansas, so it will be cold and I will have bulky clothes on so it will need to have the ability to be lengthened and shortened. I will also be carrying a backpack so I am not sure a "back pack" style sling would work.

Last edited:
Dad and I bought the Ultraflex sling from this company several years ago at a local sport show:

www.sloganoutdoors.com

We absolutely love them. You can sling your rifle on your shoulder and both of your hands will be free, as the rifle actually stays right there and doesn't fall off. This was invaluable when climbing down a snowy mountain in the dark during our elk hunts. Dad also used his last year on an antelope hunt, and it worked very well to hold the rifle onto his back while crawling through the brush.

Watch his video:
http://www.bigbearhunt.com/SloganOut...baltraflex.wmv

I bought a second one now so my son can use his own, and bought their "Magnum" one for my Sendero.
And no, I have no relationship with the company. I just really like the slings!

Dad and I bought the Ultraflex sling from this company several years ago at a local sport show:

www.sloganoutdoors.com

We absolutely love them. You can sling your rifle on your shoulder and both of your hands will be free, as the rifle actually stays right there and doesn't fall off. This was invaluable when climbing down a snowy mountain in the dark during our elk hunts. Dad also used his last year on an antelope hunt, and it worked very well to hold the rifle onto his back while crawling through the brush.

Watch his video:
http://www.bigbearhunt.com/SloganOut...baltraflex.wmv

I bought a second one now so my son can use his own, and bought their "Magnum" one for my Sendero.
And no, I have no relationship with the company. I just really like the slings!

You've sold me. I think I'm going to order one of these! Thanks!

I ordered a Montana Sling last year. I can't bond with it, mainly because the leather is slick and slips off my shoulder.

You've sold me. I think I'm going to order one of these! Thanks!

I ordered a Montana Sling last year. I can't bond with it, mainly because the leather is slick and slips off my shoulder.

You'll love it.

It feels funny to be able to walk around with your arm at your side and not have to hold on to the sling. I still do, but I'm able to walk that way if I wish and it just grabs onto me.

Fetch,

from what I'm reading here, you're looking at a carrying strap. A sling is something like the M1907 leather or later military web slings that can actually double as shooting aids in prone or siting positions. I can help you there, but don't have anything to add on the carrying straps . . . just not my "thing"!

SINCLAIR Montana sling, best of both worlds. good quality leather, does not slip, made in USA.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.