Sizing lube

My shooting mentor turned me onto S T O S, stands for Slicker than Owl S_H_$_T!
Its made by Ponsness Warren, easy to use, wipes off with a rag. Leaves enough behind for chamber lube.

Regarding neck turning, I have used allot of different methods, I always end up back to a 50/50 mix of STP and Automatic Trans Fluid. Builds less head than using other lubes.

JMHO
i need to try STOS

They make a lube for pulling electrical wire through tight spots. The sell it in 2 quart size bottles at the big box hardware stores. Splash a little in the bottom of the Tupperware and shake the cases around. Let dry a few seconds and you're good. It's cheap and and works well.

Lanolin 1:4 with Heet Red. Cases in tray with blue shop towels. Light spray, roll them to ensure coverage. Size, the ultrasonic cleaned. One or two cases - Imperial.

The comment above about economy caused me to go look up what I spent for everything to use the 10:1 lanolin. $72.81 total (Prime shipping). I believe that it is at least a 5 year supply so $14.56/year, but I've offered to mix up some for two friends to try. That'll cut it down to a 3 year supply for me and likely a 6 months supply for each of them. I expect that I'll run out of IPA long before I run out of lanolin, so a re-supply won't run as much.

My shooting mentor turned me onto S T O S, stands for Slicker than Owl S_H_$_T!
Its made by Ponsness Warren, easy to use, wipes off with a rag. Leaves enough behind for chamber lube.

Regarding neck turning, I have used allot of different methods, I always end up back to a 50/50 mix of STP and Automatic Trans Fluid. Builds less head than using other lubes.

JMHO

I respect folks who experiment to come come up with 'stuff' for their needs. However, not me which is why I use Imperial sizing wax. I have a can that I have been using forever and it is just half used.

I respect folks who experiment to come come up with 'stuff' for their needs. However, not me which is why I use Imperial sizing wax. I have a can that I have been using forever and it is just half used.

Rick, That is all we are doing experimenting. The experimenting is what makes it fun, think it would be boring to do the same thing over and over.

Over the years, I have tried them all. They all work in different ways.

The tub of STOS on my loading beach is at least 15 years old and still has about a 1/3 left. I bought some for son about a year ago, think it was like $8.00. I don't think we can come up with a number to calculate the cost per round for resizing lube.

Rick, That is all we are doing experimenting. The experimenting is what makes it fun, think it would be boring to do the same thing over and over.

Over the years, I have tried them all. They all work in different ways.

The tub of STOS on my loading beach is at least 15 years old and still has about a 1/3 left. I bought some for son about a year ago, think it was like $8.00. I don't think we can come up with a number to calculate the cost per round for resizing lube.
And for those frozen screws, bolts, barrel threads and such try a 50-50 mix of transmission fluid and acetone: let is soak overnight -- impressive.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.