Press lube?

I've used and had favorable results using LOCK EASE on press rams and pivots. I like the fact it dries leaving just the graphite behind and avoids most contaminates from sticking. I use it on the firing pin and spring assembly for its lubricity, rust prevention, and cold weather characteristics.
I do use my hand protection when I wipe it on press parts. See label cautions in attached photo.
Lots of good working suggestions mentioned..that work great.

Attachments

• 9DCA3923-6ADF-4A90-B371-7C58C544B931.jpeg
    9DCA3923-6ADF-4A90-B371-7C58C544B931.jpeg
    993.3 KB · Views: 61
  • B0DBA729-0C58-4E36-B1CA-503F6C0E82C4.jpeg
    B0DBA729-0C58-4E36-B1CA-503F6C0E82C4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
Go with lithium grease because it does not attract dust, dirt or other nasty items. It also lasts a long time. Try also a dry synthetic lube (spray). A good quality gun oil will work plus it will inhibit corrosion. Be well!

I was asked a question along long time ago bye a coworker as we were painting a house. He asked what do you touch up a spot that you missed, when rolling a wall, a roller our brush? I looked at him and said what's ever in my hand at the time! So my response is, what ever oil is close to smooth out the works! Hell I've even used sizing lube in a pinch!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.