Sightron

trueblue

Anyone using the new Sightron MOA scopes?
Looking at the S3 3.5-10-44mm illuminated reticle w/ MOA and also the
S3 6-24x50mm MOA reticle scope.
Any feedback on glass quality,and tracking would be appreciated.

For under $900.00 and almost 1# lighter than a NXS, I am seriously concidering the 6-24 if it tracks perfectly. Also curious as to how stiff the turrets are, and if they could inadvertently get moved while on a hunt. It has the 2 MOA hashmarks on the horizontal bar for holding off for wind, which I like as well.

Kevin Cram and JUDD both use them

As do I. Excellent glass, excellent tracking, reduced weight, the best value I've found to date. The last three scopes I've purchased have been SIII 6-24x50mm - with LRMD and MOA-2 reticles.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a S3 6-24x50 LRMOA for my 7WSM. The only thing that I have to compare it to is a Zeiss Conquest and a Bushnell 3200.

I am very pleased with it so far, the glass is clear and the turrets have a nice feel to them. The only concern that I have is the cross hair is very thin and the dot is small. The side focus knob is a little stiff to turn but that is not a big deal, it will not get bumped or inadvertently turned.

Last week I took it out and was able to dial my scope according to my drop charts and hit a milk jug at over 750 yards. This was my first time shooting over 100 yards with my new gun and scope and I am thrilled with the results. I have no problem recommending this scope as I believe it is a very good scope for the money.

Monkey wrench throw...... I have a S3 8x32x56mm with 1/8dot. I wish I ordered the 1/4 dot. Glass I think is1 step better the a Bushnell elite 4200 and two steps better then the Elite 6500. BUT I just received a Weaver Tactical 3x15x50mm its glass is better then all of them. They also make a 4x20x50mm. But they're all FFP but all in the same price range. I know Mondays coyote doesn't like my new scope or 55gr V-maxs.

I have the 6-24 exposed turret Mildot-1/10th mil version, and it is superb. Turrets are snug, not NXS snug, but great none the less. I could see them getting moved, but the force it would take to move them would be enough that you would definately feel it and probably check anyways. And the tracking is 100% dead nuts on point. I have pushed mine to 600yards so far and its perfect. Period.

I have pushed mine to 600yards so far and its perfect. Period.

Mine are good out to 1000 yds - no problems. I haven't read of a single incident of poor tracking, or the guts coming unglued under recoil, even on muzzle-braked rifles. I'm sure there are a few out there. I just haven't encountered those reports yet.

The glass in my original SIII was compared side by side with the revered glass in one of my IOR 3-18x42mm scopes. The SIII glass was superior in both light transmission and resolution on targets at 300 yds. Anybody got a bad report on a Sightron SIII? I'm all eyes and ears.

I've compared my SIIIs to my Zeiss Conquest, my IOR, my Leupold LPS, my Leupold VX-3. The SIII was superior to all of them. And it weighs 10-12 oz less than the competition in that 6-24x power range, such as Nightforce, IOR, Vortex Razor, Premier Heritage, etc...

I have the6-24x50 ssiii on my 20 br and I can pick bullet holes at 500m. I prefer it to my mark 4, but not as good for a "carry around" gun as the conquest.

Don't do it! I got a sightron 8-32x56 long range model last year. At first I was excited about the quality of the glass (for the price at least). After 8 months and about 4 times at the range, the elevation turret got completely stuck and I could not make adjustments for long shots. I sent the scope back to the service center for repair, after 6 weeks I called sightron to inquire on my scope. The manager told me that the damage was caused my blunt force and would not be covered by the warranty. I have NEVER even bumped this scope, the rifle is transported and stored in a hard case. Sightron makes a S#@$y product, and they will not stand behind their warranty. Buy a Zeiss, Leupold, or whatever. If you want quality then stay far away from sightron!!

Don't do it! I got a sightron 8-32x56 long range model last year. At first I was excited about the quality of the glass (for the price at least). After 8 months and about 4 times at the range, the elevation turret got completely stuck and I could not make adjustments for long shots. I sent the scope back to the service center for repair, after 6 weeks I called sightron to inquire on my scope. The manager told me that the damage was caused my blunt force and would not be covered by the warranty. I have NEVER even bumped this scope, the rifle is transported and stored in a hard case. Sightron makes a S#@$y product, and they will not stand behind their warranty. Buy a Zeiss, Leupold, or whatever. If you want quality then stay far away from sightron!!

You're is the first and only post I've seen along these lines. And the only one I've ever read of the opinion that a Sightron scope is the equivalent of doo doo. I suspect your opinion of the scope quality is heavily tainted by your sour grapes experience. Of course, your experience is your experience. I will say that I've found dents and dings in my rifle scopes over the past 40 years for which I have no explanation. Sometimes I wonder if my wife doesn't knock my rifles around in the house. Or when the kids were around, if they didn't cause some of the dents & dings. Because I would never have done such a thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.