Sightron??

Tikkamike

I did a search but was not satisfied with what I found. So I will ask the question... Who has used the new S-III with the MOA reticle? how repeatable are the clicks? how about clarity throughout the entire power range? Durable? tell me what you know!

Mike,
I have a SIII 8x32 LRMOA and I am very happy with it. Clarity is excellent through the power range unless there is mirage then the upper powers get a little soupy, not the fault of the scope though.
Clicks are repeatable. Clicks are more firm than earlier SIII scopes but I don't think they are quite as solid as a NF. Sightron lists the center dot as 1/4 minute but it sure appears smaller to me, some time when I am at the range I will check it out for certain. I got it last fall before hunting season and has been beat around in the pickup most of the winter and so far no issues with holding P.O.A.. In summary I highly recommend it. The only thing I have against it is the 1/4 minute clicks but for hunting that isn't a problem.
I would like to see Sightron drop the illumination on the 10x50 and make it with 1/8 min clicks.

By the way, are you still looking for 6.5 Creedmoor dies, I think I have a spare Hornady 2 die set but keep forgetting to look for them.

James

I love the floating dot! The newer SIII is really nice. I put one on a 7WSM and I have been nothing but impressed. I've done alot of shooting in dusk and dawn and found the optics to maintain clarity and brightness. A slight amount of clarity is lost in the highest magnification, but it's more than enough scope to get the job done. The clicks are solid and the adjustments are true. And it has plenty of eye relief for the hard recoilers. What more can I say.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts