Sightron

With Sightrons reputation, I would have to suspect there is more to that story than were being told as far as the negative review of the scope, and their customer service. I personally have one and think it's a great scope. :cool:

I believe Optical Light Works makes that scope, the same as most Weaver scopes and Bushnell Elite. They are a good Japanes private label manufacturer. You have over-the-counter replacement on a Sightron scope at Shipton's Big R ranch supply. So the guy with the sour grapes experience maybe should have bought at a different store?

ha, Phorwath , I have the same problem. Maybe why dad gave me an anvil for Christmas
in my 8th year.

Turrets on my 6-24LRMOA are actually "stiffer" or more positive than my Nightforce 3.5-15 with the HS zero stop turrets. I do wish someone offered a windage knob marked like the nightforce with MOA starting at 0 and marked in each direction with L and R even with "only" 15 MOA per revolution that is 7.5 MOA marked in either direction. I have never needed more than that in hunting, or taget shooting. I wouldn't shoot if I needed more than that much correction while hunting, with that strong of a wind a gust would take you off target, or worse, be a wounded animal. If target shooting and you need more, hold off with the reticle. Glass is top notch, not Nightforce, but close.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.