Sightron SV

Vicodan

I have a Sightron SV. I think it is spectacular. I would like to hear other peoples oppinions on this optic. I have a Bushnell XRS, an ERS, and a Burris XTR2 8-40, and there is no comparison between them. The Sightron crushes them optically.

They are very nice, and for the money it's a hard animal to beat. I much prefer the ATACR and the RAZOR HD GENII over the SV but the SV is defiantly cheaper. Just doesn't have enough adjustment or a turret that I am completely comfortable with.

If you get the mil/le discount, it becomes even cheaper. I wont say how much, but if you are eligible contact them. Since it is not meant to be a tactical scope, it is hard to compare to the NF and Razor GEN2. I do like the turrets even though they have .05mil clicks. They are solid and lock up real nice.

If you get the mil/le discount, it becomes even cheaper. I wont say how much, but if you are eligible contact them. Since it is not meant to be a tactical scope, it is hard to compare to the NF and Razor GEN2. I do like the turrets even though they have .05mil clicks. They are solid and lock up real nice.

It has an exposed locking turret so I think it's trying to be in that market much more than a target market. I agree the pricing is awesome on it, but the big down fall to me is the lack of adjustment in elevation. If I were a strict 1000 and under guy and didn't have 2K to spend on a scope I would consider it. the new Vortex 15-60 is going to make it an interesting call too in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.