New SV sightron

dragman

I haven't seen anyone shooting one of these yet since they where announced at the shot show. So I ordered one to see what it was all about.

SV Sightron 10-50X60MOA-2 with the 34MM tube and the 20MOA per revolution turret.

I took my ATACR off my 300RUM and put this one too see what it was like. I am not a good "review" guy just going to tell you what I think and if you have any questions just ask.

Glass was very good I think the 34MM tube really helped with the resolution I would put it on par with the NXS I think the ED glass in the ATACR was still a little better. The eye box on the SV was very good nice eye relief and had no problem spotting all my shots off the bench. The Turret is different but felt good not as positive as the NF but had no problem at all and was perfect repeatable I ran it through all the paces and it tracked right on spot. The side focus with the new 4X addition is the BEST side focus I have used yet very exact just a great smooth side focus.
Over all I think it is a great scope and for the price $1900 is what I am seeing on line I think it's one of the best units in that price and the extra power is awesome if you want it. over all I am keeping it on this gun just a winner by Sightron IMHO. My local shop has a stock of them and mad me a really nice deal to do some testing. any specific questions just ask.

Attachments

• Python.jpg
    Python.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Python1.jpg
    Python1.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Python2.jpg
    Python2.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Python3.jpg
    Python3.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 116
Very nice review.....and love the pictures! I had a 10-50X by 60mm that served me very well. Like you stated.....It won't compete with the ATACR's HD glass....but I found it to compete very well against my NXS. I think the Huge benefit in the 34mm main tube will be increased internal adjustment.

I think this shows that Sightron is serious about bringing contenders to market. This new scope will serve BR and F class shooters very well!

Wayne

Is the windage numbered left and right or 1-14 like my S-TAC ?
Not sure why they did that.

it goes 0-19 for 20MOA of windage.

not a big deal for me on wind as I don't dial it unless I am putting in on target I use all holds for hunting.

First I have seen of this new SV series, I love my SIIIs. I know the 30mm tube of the 10-50x60 has a two piece tube, does this new SV series have a one piece 34mm tube?

BT

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.