Sightron SII 4.514x42IRMD

justramit

Hey guys was thinking about getting this scope. Academy has it for $199. Is this a good long range scope? Is a Mil Dot with illuminated reticle. I looked it up on Sightron sight and it is a discontinued model........anyone have one of these? I just bougt a remington 700 police 7mm I want to put this on. Any info would be helpful.

Hey guys was thinking about getting this scope. Academy has it for $199. Is this a good long range scope? Is a Mil Dot with illuminated reticle. I looked it up on Sightron sight and it is a discontinued model........anyone have one of these? I just bougt a remington 700 police 7mm I want to put this on. Any info would be helpful.

Hi

I got 1 year ago 2 Sightrons SII 6.5-20x50MD SS Side Focus with Mildot, NO Illuminated reticles, and I install them on the 300RUM and 7mmMag rifles.
Not a problems with them, and holds very well the huge recoil from my 300rum rifle.

Chris

That is a good deal. In fact I could use that on my 204 ruger. I would like one if they have two.
Could you send me a message with the info on how/where to get it.
Thanks!

The only way I know to buy one is in person at the Academy here in Victoria, TX. I looked at academy website and they don't show it there.

Thanks for the info guys. Academy said they will ship one to a store near me so I will have a chance to check it out.
I have s Sightron SIII that is very good.

Last edited:
The only other place I've seen this exact scope is on Big River Tactical's site and it is $532 there so I guess $199 is a pretty good deal lol

I bought that same scope from Academy and I wasn't real pleased with it. First off, anything over 10X got blurry. I had to screw the fast focus all the way in to get a clear site picture and I also had to max out the AO at around 300 yds and beyond to get a decent sight picture and to eliminate parralax. The 3 position illuminated reticle is pretty much useless, either to bright or not bright enough. I may have just had a bad apple. The good thing is if you get it from Academy and you have a problem they will refund your money. I took mine back after about a month of using it and told them the problems I was having and they refunded my money with no hassle. Just make sure you keep your reciept.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.