Bushnell Elite 4200 vs. Sightron SII Big Sky

zjfty9

I've been considering getting a Bushnell Elite 4200 or the SII Big Sky...which one would be the best choice? Sightron has the lifetime replacement warranty...which is nice.

I could be wrong but I think the Bushnell 4200 has a lifetime warranty also.

Regardless, I really like my Bushnell 4200 Elite Tactical 6-24x50mm. Would recommend it to anyone. Just watch out for the limited amount of adjustment.

Wyatt

I've never played with a Sightron of any kind but after having the same 4200 Wyatt mentioned, I heartily recommend the Elite. It's phenomenal for the price :)

In my experience for price and quality the Sightron is hard to beat, I have both the SII and the SII Big Sky and as much as I like the standard SII, the Big Sky is much better. You didn't say what power you are looking at but the 6x24 Big Sky has 60 minutes of windage and elevation and the 4x16 has 80 minutes. For hunting I like the 4x16 (most of my hunting rifles wear a SII 4x16x42) for target I like the 6x24 but I think I would rather have a SIII 8x32x56 but it only comes in center dot crosshair which I don't like.
I did have occasion to use the warranty on one Sightron scope and it was very painless:).

James

I am looking at a scope in the 6-24 power range. I would love to have the SIII, but don't think I can afford that right now. Sightron has a lot more wind/elev. than the Bushnell, but optically I think the 4200 has a slight edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.