sighting in problems DPMS

marioq

GUYS I need some help. I bought a DPMS AR-10. The LRSS one. I put a Burris AR-P.E.P.R. QD Mount on it for my NF SHV. I Shot at a 25 yard indoor range and, though the groups are GREAT!!, I am a good 4 inches low and almost maxed out on my elevation.
ANy ideas? ANy thoughts? Any tips for a new set of bases?

I need some help please

Mario

make sure your mount hasn't got something under it keeping it from seating flat onto the picatinny rail. I normally do a rough sight in at 50 yards a shot or two then sight in for 100 yards I run those p.e.p.r. Mounts without issue I have 4 or 5 of them there gtg for the money I don't use the quick release style however. Has this scope been used on a diffrent rifle to eliminate it as a issue. It's possible something is screwy with the barrel seating into the upper reciever also I'd try a diffrent scope and mount just to eliminate the optic system or confirm it as the issue.

I checked the mount tonight. It's sitting fine. The scope is new to me from a guy on here. I got a bore laser sight and sure enough, it is way off but I got it to zero after some 60-80 Moa elevation. I will take off the shv a story an NSX I have laying around and see if that solves the problem. Also I can try the non quick releases.
Thank for the input guys!!!!

Mario

Well if it's the same deal with the NXS, something must be wrong with the base or how it's mounted. If not it could be the scope.

Post a pic if you can

Are you still trying to set it at 25 yds? The height of the scope above the bore that close could easily explain why you've chewed up so much MOA trying to get it set. Put at 50-100 and try again. When you shoot an AR specifically but any rifle really, that close, you haven't gotten far enough from the muzzle for the bullet to rise effectively. Move back and see what it's actually like. You will probably find at 100yds your POI is several feet high from your POA. I have a PEPR mount on one AR without issue and an SHV on a NF UniMount on my F T/R AR and have PLENTY of MOA left to reach well beyond the 600yds I would compete at.

I shot it at 100 and got it set up. Just so much elevation needed to get me there. Thanks for all the input and ideas. New gun, new platform and I was not used to it.

Again thanks

Mario

I hate those 1 pc AR scope mounts. Most of them have the scope setting way too high off the top of the rifle causing you to run out of adjustment with a lot of scopes.

I run a 1/2 inch riser with medium height rings on all 5 of my AR's,it allows the scope to clear everything,and gives the shooter a good check weld on the rifle.

I went with LaRue 1 piece with quick release mounts I called them told them what my rifle was (DPMS LR338 Federal) and the scope I bought and they picked the right mount for the set up.
324498_2518495476792_1784227155_o.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.