Dpms .308?

Csafisher

So I can get an oracle .308 for a pretty good price locally. It has a 16" 1:10 barrel. Anyone have experience with one? I've heard good things about it. Really just want to be able to achieve 1.5 MOA at reasonable ranges with it. I've heard some shoot 1moa??

I would most definitely replace trigger and probably hand gaurd.

I like mine. It has been flawless in terms of function. I've had NO FTF/FTE which I think is amazing for a new AR platform gun.

As to accuracy, it is hard for me to say as I put a red dot on mine. With middle of the road handloads in mixed mil brass I am easily keeping them in a 3" bull @ 100 yards. That was good enough for my purposes at the time. I am planning to move a Nikon BDC scope to to it next with which I'm certain I can tighten up the groups.

I put a different comp / brake on it. By chance it turns out it was exactly the same as the one on my buddies SCAR minus the FN logo! This helped reduce the recoil. All in all I'm really pleased with this gun.

JD

Well that's pretty good groupings IMO. Considering that's prolly about the size of your dot.

I have no hands on experience with the oracle in 308 but have done my share of research regarding well built ar 10 platform. IMO based on what ive read, i think that you should consider one of the dpms Gen2 platforms. They have solved many of the issues that ar10's have. They have a base model that you could purchase and customize to your likings. It may be more money than what your looking to spend but i have seen many issues with ar 10's in the past and believe that spending more money on the gen2 model is a good way to avoid issues in the future and possible same you money in the end.

I don't have any experience with the oracle but have with dorms mark 12 I can get half inch groups out to 200 yards. If your looking for something like that I really don't think you going to get it with the oracle.

I don't have any experience with the oracle but have with dorms mark 12 I can get half inch groups out to 200 yards. If your looking for something like that I really don't think you going to get it with the oracle.

The only difference is a 2" longer barrel and the trigger right?

The mark 12 has 18hbar barrel and the oracle a 16" hbar barrel. Not really worried about the trigger as I would prolly upgrade that along with the stock anyway.

Well that's pretty good groupings IMO. Considering that's prolly about the size of your dot.

lol, exactly right. The dot more or less covers the bull.

As other have pointed out there are other options for more of a precision AR rifle but that means more $$. For the money I spent on this gun I really like it! It all hinges on what you want to do.

JD

Well got one on lay away. Hope to pick up tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how it shoots when I get a chance.

image.jpg
Well I'm impressed so far. Put a nikon monarch 4-16x on it. The stock trigger isn't great but I expected that... Definitely plan to replace. Broke it in today with 25rds. 20 of which were 150gr steel case el cheapo rounds. At 75 yrds I had a 5 shot group of .87, and 4 shot group of .90, and a four shot group of .88. These all excluded the first "fouling" shot which was not in the main grouping. Also fired a 5 rd group of hornady 168 match and that went .81" and I'm pretty sure I pulled one a little that opened it up. So it was shooting about 1.1MOA with crappy ammo. Have some FGMM I will try at 100yd next time.

Glad you like it! Looks just like mine except for the brake which I added. I think mine will shoot like that once I get a better optic.

I think you can't beat them for the $$. I have a custom .260 REM AR but its a different beast, 2X the weight and 3X the price.

Got to do a little long range shooting this afternoon. Shot some 168FGMM at 485 yds. Took 2 to get on paper and then I shot 4 that grouped right around 4.5." I'll see if I can get a pic later.

Got to do a little long range shooting this afternoon. Shot some 168FGMM at 485 yds. Took 2 to get on paper and then I shot 4 that grouped right around 4.5." I'll see if I can get a pic later.

Nice shooting! < 1 MOA right out of the box.

I read a lot about these rifles and folks are doing some really high end cool stuff but this gun is a deal. I don't think you can beat this gun for the $$ in its class.

JD

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts