Sighting in a thermal scope

You can use alum foil or foil tape, just angle it slighrly up toward the sky seems to make it a little better. Hamd warmers work good. I've also used an ice cube in a ziploc bag. All of the above worked great. As for 25 yard sight in, sight it in at 100 yds or more and be done with it and know where you will hit. I used to see all of that crap on thermal groups on fb. "I sighted in at 50 (or 25) and I miss at 100 or 150 yds, what's wrong...." I guess 25 yds is fine if you want to walk up and shoot pigs in the head from 10-30 yds away, which is fun.
I have access to 25 yd range, get it on paper, hard to do at 100 without expending more ammo, been there done that. I've used the 25yd zero on my scopes for years, then check at 100 have always been good. Have also read where certain units the zero may change depending on mode selected? Seems to be issue with some units, haven't heard that about NVision.

I use an AR-15 when I hunt pigs. All I do is out the thermal in front of my scope. The reticle illuminates is my scope so there is no rezeroing when going from one gun to another. But when I've put the thermal on a bolt gun I use hand warmers.
I use a PVS27 for NVG clip on, never thought to use stand alone thermal as clip on, they line up ok? Interesting

I use a PVS27 for NVG clip on, never thought to use stand alone thermal as clip on, they line up ok? Interesting
Mine do. I am trying to decide now on changing out stocks on one of my other bolt guns to put it in front of another scope That scope I'm not sure if it'll line up yet. But on my AR it lines up great. Since you've already got the rail you might as well slap it on there and find out might save a whole lot of headache each time you want to put it on different guns

Mine do. I am trying to decide now on changing out stocks on one of my other bolt guns to put it in front of another scope That scope I'm not sure if it'll line up yet. But on my AR it lines up great. Since you've already got the rail you might as well slap it on there and find out might save a whole lot of headache each time you want to put it on different guns
Will do, wasnt planning on swapping , just which rifle to use, one will get the 27, one will get the NVision, but that is an interesting idea, thanks

25 yards, just fine.
Push distance out to 100-150 can be problematic depending on quality of thermal and day time temperatures outdoors. In doors 100 yards you'll be fine.
Yeah wish I had a place to night shoot but alas, it's a quality piece, but to try and get on paper at 100 can be expensive lol. Hence my 25 yd zero, and confirm at 100 when I get to area

On a warm day, I like to use aluminum foil taped to plywood for my 25 bore sight in and 100yd zero. I actually use an old roll of foil muffler repair tape I've had forever. Tilt it back so the foil reflects the cool sky temp. When the bullet strikes the plywood it will transfer heat which will be visible for a couple seconds so you can adjust. For 200yds or more I like to heat a steel target with a propane torch. That AR500 will glow bright for a long time.

On a warm day, I like to use aluminum foil taped to plywood for my 25 bore sight in and 100yd zero. I actually use an old roll of foil muffler repair tape I've had forever. Tilt it back so the foil reflects the cool sky temp. When the bullet strikes the plywood it will transfer heat which will be visible for a couple seconds so you can adjust. For 200yds or more I like to heat a steel target with a propane torch. That AR500 will glow bright for a long time.
Have metal tape for sealing insulation seams, should work great thanks

Will do, wasnt planning on swapping , just which rifle to use, one will get the 27, one will get the NVision, but that is an interesting idea, thanks
I swap between a 16-in barrel AR and a 9 and 1/2 in barrel AR depending on where I'm hunting. And if I'm in big fields I put it on a bolt gun. We're in Florida are you going to be hunting?

I swap between a 16-in barrel AR and a 9 and 1/2 in barrel AR depending on where I'm hunting. And if I'm in big fields I put it on a bolt gun. We're in Florida are you going to be hunting?
Somewhere near Everglades, buddy says 2 hrs from Ft Lauderdale, old corrections facility, his friend purchased and wanted us to rid the hogs, was happy to oblige. So my best guess is fenced, few buildings, not sure if overgrown or not, hence my wanting thermals and not just NVG. If I don't like the 27, sell off and buy another thermal lol

Somewhere near Everglades, buddy says 2 hrs from Ft Lauderdale, old corrections facility, his friend purchased and wanted us to rid the hogs, was happy to oblige. So my best guess is fenced, few buildings, not sure if overgrown or not, hence my wanting thermals and not just NVG. If I don't like the 27, sell off and buy another thermal lol
Keep you a bright flashlight with you You may be able to find a couple of pythons while you're down there no season on them and no limits. Sounds like you're going to be around Lake Okeechobee and there's plenty of pigs down there. I'm in Central Florida and we see them all the time

Keep you a bright flashlight with you You may be able to find a couple of pythons while you're down there no season on them and no limits. Sounds like you're going to be around Lake Okeechobee and there's plenty of pigs down there. I'm in Central Florida and we see them all the time
Plan on it, friend just shot a rattler in neighbors yard. Pythons don't scare me as much as rattlers lol, but yeah not a problem shooting them at all, make nice skins👍🏻
I asked him about the Teju hunting, seen on YouTube, basically boat down a canal or river, using PCP rifles, popping them left and right hahaha, they've become an issue down there as well. Any bounties on pythons?

25 yards, just fine.
Push distance out to 100-150 can be problematic depending on quality of thermal and day time temperatures outdoors. In doors 100 yards you'll be fine.
I used fasson tape used in air conditioning ductwork or silver aluminum foil tape is maybe how you know it out to 200 yards with no problem at all. This is outdoors though 3 ft.² piece of cardboard target an X of foil tape and lean backwards pointing ever so slightly upward, the sunlight will heat up the tape more than the cardboard. It will show up perfectly!

I used to hunt near the lake in Indiantown Florida over 21 years ago. Hogs were everywhere.

Plan on it, friend just shot a rattler in neighbors yard. Pythons don't scare me as much as rattlers lol, but yeah not a problem shooting them at all, make nice skins👍🏻
I asked him about the Teju hunting, seen on YouTube, basically boat down a canal or river, using PCP rifles, popping them left and right hahaha, they've become an issue down there as well. Any bounties on pythons?
Yeah you'll be able to find all kinds of stuff down in that area. To be honest the rattlers don't bother me at least they give you a warning. The water moccasins scare the hell out of me. Pythons are usually big enough you can see them. I don't know if any bounties on them when I've run across them before it's just kill them and skin them. There seems to be a demand for the meat of the pythons I've never had it. But worst case scenario if you find a python you skin it tan the hide and have a trophy. I think the record right now for the state and somewhere around 18 ft