Sig Kilo 8k Review

I had no problems with mine in the cold. I slept outside with it in the teens and left it in the truck as well every night when temps were at or below freezing. That said, each day got to or above freezing eventually, so maybe if you left it there for a few days? Can't say, but I did not have this problem. My guess would be some outliers, like with a selection of early units? Don't know, but again, I did not experience any problems in the cold with mine.

I currently own the 2400ABS and really enjoy how quick the response time is to display the range. I have also found the angled modified range to be correct at all distances. One issue I have found with a friends Sig Kilo 3000 BDX range binos is the angled modified range is only accurate out to 400 yards. Has anyone experienced this with their Sig rangefinders? Do we know if the current 8K has this limitation?

This is out of the Sig owner manual for the 3000 BDX:
Angle modified range is the equivalent horizontal range to the target and is comparable to the
"horizontal leg" of a triangle. AMR is also known as "rifleman's rule" and uses the LOS range and
angle of incline to calculate the horizontal distance the projectile travels between shooter and
target. AMR is very accurate for shorter distances (i.e. < 400 yards) and archery