Sig Kilo 2200

philsummers21

Have to say, after reading all the threads and reviews of the Sig Kilo I was scared to purchase one thinking that it will only range like 100 yards under special lighting. I sold my Leica 1600 that I loved minus a few things...Well finally purchased the sig 2200. First impressions are good, I can range the hill behind my house @ 2400. Not sure why some are complaining they can only range hill sides @ like 1000. Will run it thru the paces this next week while chasing elk. Anyways just wrote this for others that might be looking and seeing all the nay sayers. BTW my biggest complaint with the Leica was that they don't have the first or last priority modes, so in fog or snow they are complete garbage.

Last edited:
2400 ft? You could've just said 800 yards. Which is mild to what its advertised to be able to perform to.

Been watching the Sig line of range finders, especially the 2400. I usually will not spend my money (at least large doses) on new optics or electronics. I've been that crash test dummy before and it has cost me. What you have been reading about are people "complaining" about getting a unit that isn't functioning properly. Sounds like there were/are some bugs to work out. Glad you are enjoying yours, but think you would quickly change sides if it were to fail. The jury is still out for me, may have to go one more season watching and waiting to see how the ballistic computing laser range finders perform. Good to at least see there is some good competition for the Gunwerks now. Keeps everyone on their toes.
Yep, one more season of doing it old school...with a hand held weather station, separate range finder, and ballistic app on my phone.:D:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.