Sig Kilo 8K and BaseMap

Curious if this feature is any better in the Swaro EL Range Bino's. I believe that Sig was one of the first ones to do this, so I can only see it getting better from here.

From my conversation with Sig they have been trying to work with basemap but nothing but crickets from them?

Honestly I never would have used it anyway! I cant see a hunter calculating constant changing winds and have the time to remote marker on basemap to take the shot

Bottom line I use them 5 days a week (Kilo 10k) and so do my students, out to 1670 yards at this point I have found nothing the can equal it on performance and information given from it if there is I would love to try it?
James have you tried the Revic rangefinder?

Well, just as others have said, BaseMap has gone completely silent on me. Very disappointed in them on this front.

As for the Sig Kilo 8K -- I am still very happy with the purchase and love the way it handles data displayed in the viewfinder, and the speed in which it is displayed. Revic's display feels very 1980s with its display.

As for the "only off by 60 yards" -- that is not really my experience unless the remote marker is only 300 yards or less out. Several marks I tried on known objects at 2,000 yards were off by 700-800 yards in BaseMap.

I am glad to see Barbourcreek chime in and finding similar experience. I have watched and re-watched their review on the Kilo, and feel like I have gotten far more from the device because of their detailed videos! So it good to know they have had similar issues with the remote marker.

Well, just as others have said, BaseMap has gone completely silent on me. Very disappointed in them on this front.

As for the Sig Kilo 8K -- I am still very happy with the purchase and love the way it handles data displayed in the viewfinder, and the speed in which it is displayed. Revic's display feels very 1980s with its display.

As for the "only off by 60 yards" -- that is not really my experience unless the remote marker is only 300 yards or less out. Several marks I tried on known objects at 2,000 yards were off by 700-800 yards in BaseMap.

I am glad to see Barbourcreek chime in and finding similar experience. I have watched and re-watched their review on the Kilo, and feel like I have gotten far more from the device because of their detailed videos! So it good to know they have had similar issues with the remote marker.
Hopefully James @Barbourcreek can work with SIG and basemap to get the issue corrected.

Both Sig & Basemap still adversise it as a functional feature. Seems dishonest since it's pretty clear it does not work correctly, or at all, or at best has significant bugs preventing anyone (except their marketing team) from getting it to work.

In this episode of Muley Freak they shoot a bear at 750 yards and use BaseMap with Nav Cam and Remote Marker to pin the kill location at 10:30 minutes. They hike to the pin and reach it at dusk but fail to find the bear and back out for the night. They return the next morning and eventually find the bear.

Was the Remote Marker off? Based on my experience, the marker could have been off by quite a bit at 750 yards. Perhaps they got the only unit that works while the rest of ours don't work? Or they edited out the part where the sponsor's product sucks? You be the judge.

53096481680_2d6882a01f_c.jpg

53095516722_5d2bcda7ce_c.jpg

53096481675_74f3262797_c.jpg