Looking for feedback for a range finder between Revic BR4 Sig Kilo 8K Vortex Razor 4000 GB

LuvDog

I'm looking to pick up a new rangefinder but want some ballistics built in

Are there any updated reviews, comparison, recommendations between these 3?

I went with the 4000gb vortex.
Fantastic unit.
It has no problems reaching advertised ranges. In the fog if you can see it you can range it. It works is 20 degree weather. Its tough as nails. It ranges in snow (my sig 2200 had issues here)
its app connects with kestrel and Weatherflow
it has a full suite of sensors
I absolutely love the wind bearing capture mode. The easiest wind entry of any
1000001645.jpg
of these ballistic solving rangefinders.
It is a hair slower than the sigs but not much.
Its half the price of an 8k but has similar performance. I was able to get the 5000ab and the 4000gb for less than the 10k. Think 2 is one and one is none.
it is the only rangefinder that lifetimes the laser. This is a big one because lasers are wear and tare.
i like how the app is also a stand alone solver that builds drop charts. It made it easier to true to my 5000ab. I wish the 5000ab had the same feature.
The glass is really good. Better than the 8k and 5k.
I love the belt clip and the stud attachment
Its ability to drop pins on a map is easier to use than the sig. My gripe here though is the sig you can cash a map for use offline the vortex requires a mobile connection.

It does lack some of the features of the 8k like being able to align the laser and reticle (mine aligns perfectly from the factory) and the weather meter connection is via the app and not direct like the sig is. Not a deal breaker for me though.
It holds 3 rifle profiles in the unit. To change to another other than thise 3 you'll need to do it via the app.

just my humble opinion.
1000001630.jpg
1000001644.jpg
1000001629.jpg

Last edited: