SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

The Applied Ballistics App doesn't have the .284 175g ELD-X to compare to the Sig numbers but the Sig numbers (G1 and G7) are different than what Hornady's Doppler Radar published numbers are. The Sigs numbers show higher BCs than Hornady publishes.

Could anyone explain the use of "zero height" and 'zero offset" in the rifle profile menu OF THE 2400?. I went through the manual a coulple of times and could not find any detailed explanation.

If my rifle is zeroed for 200 yards with Load A, and I have a second Load B that is 2' high and 1.5" left with load A's zero setting, would the entries be 'zero height" = 2, and "zero offset" = -1.5?

Amy help would be appreciated

I am having a really hard time calibrating the 2400 to match ballistics of my rifle...I have the rifle spot on the Applied Ballistics app, but cannot seem to get the kilo to match it! I've had the Kilo since Jan or Feb and pretty much just using it for range, angle, and ranging since having so much trouble calibrating. Can anyone help with this who's got it dialed in and working great. It would be so nice to have it available to match everything up online like the G7! Also having a hard time getting a call back from the tech guys at Sig
Thanks Guys

I too am having trouble with the 2400 calibrating to my known gun ballistics. I went out and used the rangefinder at 55 degrees and it worked great. I go out at 82 degrees and the range finder shows a 3.0 MOA increase in the solution at 600 yards. The known MOA was 2.75 MOA less and that is only at 600 yards. My pressure and density altitude aren't even close to what the HUD shows. My known pressure was 29.85 and the HUD showed 23.50 and my known altitude is 6666 ft and the HUD showed 9130 ft. I have tried to call Sig and can't get tech guys to call me back. They just want to talk wind and gun speed and that is what is changing the solution. I didn't put any wind in this weekend and the rangefinder isn't even close to my known data. Any ideas how to get this rangefinder to read the right pressure and altitude? Maybe a bad batch of sensors? My buddy bought his at the exact same place and time and he is having the exact same problems!

I believe what is going on here, is a misunderstanding of what is being reported by device. The Device reports Density Altitude, and Station Pressure, and what you are comparing is against is Known altitude and Barometric Pressure.

Barometric Pressure is Pressure that has been corrected for Altitude to prevent aircraft from crashing in to the ground. It is calibrated for the specific location that it is recorded at. The Sig Kilo does not read Barometric Pressure. It reads Station Pressure, or the absolute pressure at its location. Which is what the bullet is going to experience. We can see this, by reversing the information you have provided.

If I take 29.85 Pressure, and 6600 Altitude, I get About 23.40 inHG. Which is close to what your Sig Kilo is showing at "23.50 inHG". You can do the reverse math here: http://www.csgnetwork.com/stationpressurecalc.html

On to the second point, of doing a ballistic calibration. This MUST BE DONE in the field, at the time you do it. Everything is important from the direction of fire (The Kilo needs to be pointed at the target) to the Wind you have input. You can see this in the video below, where I show you how even the smallest thing effects a ballistic calibration:

If you don't do the calibration in the field, at the time you shoot, then it will be off. Because every single input is important to the accuracy of the Ballistic Calibration.

I too am having trouble with the 2400 calibrating to my known gun ballistics. I went out and used the rangefinder at 55 degrees and it worked great. I go out at 82 degrees and the range finder shows a 3.0 MOA increase in the solution at 600 yards. The known MOA was 2.75 MOA less and that is only at 600 yards. My pressure and density altitude aren't even close to what the HUD shows. My known pressure was 29.85 and the HUD showed 23.50 and my known altitude is 6666 ft and the HUD showed 9130 ft. I have tried to call Sig and can't get tech guys to call me back. They just want to talk wind and gun speed and that is what is changing the solution. I didn't put any wind in this weekend and the rangefinder isn't even close to my known data. Any ideas how to get this rangefinder to read the right pressure and altitude? Maybe a bad batch of sensors? My buddy bought his at the exact same place and time and he is having the exact same problems!

Are you using a temperature table in your firing solution?

I also need to add, a ballistic calibration at 600 yards is going to result in an error that is the equivalent of greater than being off by 30fps in the muzzle velocity. You need to do a muzzle velocity calibration at no less than 800 yards with a .308. If you are using a .243, .264, or .284 then it should be closer to 1000 yards. If you are doing a Ballistic Calibration (DSF) then you need to be at a velocity no higher than Mach 1.2. Which might be 1200 yards or more at that altitude.

Last edited:
My known pressure was 29.85 and the HUD showed 23.50 and my known altitude is 6666 ft and the HUD showed 9130 ft.

If your at 6666 ft elevation, there is no way your station pressure is 29.85, that would be some pretty crazy weather going on.....I live at 6600 ft and my average station pressure is 23.3-23.7 weather dependant, so as doc said, your comparing wrong numbers (baro instead of station) the whole pressure thing is a little confusing to understand at first, I did alot of research and reading online at first to understand it.

Are you actually shooting and seeing your impacts be off or are you just ranging and comparing to your numbers you normally see? Because at the same distance, your come ups will change from day to day depending on weather, temperature, direction of fire, elevation, which will also effect parts of the rifle component such as powder temp stability and such. Depending on optic, your scope adjustment may need to be calibrated as well. All things to possibly consider

After weeks, I have found out what the problem I was having getting the Sig Kilo to match my known trajectory....I had zeroed my rifle, but wanted to have my inputs as accurate as possible, kind of just for interest, but it turned out to be a real bugger and learning experience. So I went to the target and measured just exactly how far above the center... I was 3/8" high from center. So I input that into the Applied Ballistics app on my phone which I have already validated the rifle on.

Well when I was trying to get the Kilo 2400 to match what my phone app reads I entered .338" as the zero height just like I did in my Applied Ballistics app. Had all environmental data from the kilo input on to my phone app, but couldn't get the trajectory to match..it was as much as 3/4moa at different ranges.. frustrating to say the least. Well long story short after weeks with the Sig guys and them giving it their due diligence. If you are going to enter a zero height it must be entered as -.338, lol yep it's gotta be entered as a negative. Once I fixed it the two apps we're so close it's not even funny.
I couldn't be happier with the help and troubleshooting/digging that Craig from Sig Sauer did! Really makes me feel easier about the decision to swap out the G7 for the Kilo 2400. Counting down the days until I will be heading west to get the Kilo earning it's kibbles!!

After weeks, I have found out what the problem I was having getting the Sig Kilo to match my known trajectory....I had zeroed my rifle, but wanted to have my inputs as accurate as possible, kind of just for interest, but it turned out to be a real bugger and learning experience. So I went to the target and measured just exactly how far above the center... I was 3/8" high from center. So I input that into the Applied Ballistics app on my phone which I have already validated the rifle on.

Well when I was trying to get the Kilo 2400 to match what my phone app reads I entered .338" as the zero height just like I did in my Applied Ballistics app. Had all environmental data from the kilo input on to my phone app, but couldn't get the trajectory to match..it was as much as 3/4moa at different ranges.. frustrating to say the least. Well long story short after weeks with the Sig guys and them giving it their due diligence. If you are going to enter a zero height it must be entered as -.338, lol yep it's gotta be entered as a negative. Once I fixed it the two apps we're so close it's not even funny.
I couldn't be happier with the help and troubleshooting/digging that Craig from Sig Sauer did! Really makes me feel easier about the decision to swap out the G7 for the Kilo 2400. Counting down the days until I will be heading west to get the Kilo earning it's kibbles!!

Given that methodology for adjusting "zero height", would the adjustment for "zero offset" require a "-" precede the value to a calibrate the POI to the left?

Reynolds, did you enter -.338 or -.375?(3/8)?
I can't remember, my spare phone used for the Kilo is not with me now. Sorry for the difference between 3/8 and .338. I just wanted to let you guys know to put in a negative if you're using a zero height hitting above the bullseye.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.