SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

I just ran into a problem with my 2400 that has got me stumped.
In attempting to set up a new profile I can enter all parameters fine except for the twist rate. It has a default value of 11.25. It seems fine when I enter my desired value of 8. I then save the profile, but the twist rate still shows up at 11.25 when I check the profile.The other parameters are fine. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

I just ran into a problem with my 2400 that has got me stumped.
In attempting to set up a new profile I can enter all parameters fine except for the twist rate. It has a default value of 11.25. It seems fine when I enter my desired value of 8. I then save the profile, but the twist rate still shows up at 11.25 when I check the profile.The other parameters are fine. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Art,

I contacted Nick from Applied Ballistics and here's what he said:

"Looks iOS specific. I will get that fixed in the morning and pushed out to all users. Should be out to all by Thursday or Friday. It won't rally affect things that much, so just stick with the default value for now."

I asked him if you would have to reinstall the app and he said:

"It should automatically update when it becomes available on Thursday or Friday. Users won't have to do anything."

Art,

I contacted Nick from Applied Ballistics and here's what he said:

"Looks iOS specific. I will get that fixed in the morning and pushed out to all users. Should be out to all by Thursday or Friday. It won't rally affect things that much, so just stick with the default value for now."

I asked him if you would have to reinstall the app and he said:

"It should automatically update when it becomes available on Thursday or Friday. Users won't have to do anything."

Andy, Thanks for following up!!! I thought it might have been something I was doing wrong. Glad to hear a fix is imminent. I agree, the glitch doesn't seem to have effected the performance. I have been using the 2400 quite heavily at long range for several months with excellent results,

Art,

I just heard from Nick again about your twist rate issue:

Andy - I figured out what is going on.

After typing in any of the values in the gun profile, you need to make sure that the keyboard is no longer present before pressing the save button. The data is actually not saved to the profile being edited until the keyboard is popped down.

So the solution is simple.... just type in the twist rate and then click anywhere else on the screen, then click save. That pops the keyboard down. Then it saves it just fine.

I'd advise the user of that.

Art,

I just heard from Nick again about your twist rate issue:

Andy - I figured out what is going on.

After typing in any of the values in the gun profile, you need to make sure that the keyboard is no longer present before pressing the save button. The data is actually not saved to the profile being edited until the keyboard is popped down.

So the solution is simple.... just type in the twist rate and then click anywhere else on the screen, then click save. That pops the keyboard down. Then it saves it just fine.

I'd advise the user of that.

Andy.....yes, that was the issue. I got it the twist rate to enter using your advice.
Thanks!!!!!

Picked one of these up at Cabelas the other day. Had some reward points and a coupon so it was a no brainer.

Pros: Compact and lightweight, very well built, quality extends all the way into even the pen they include. Once I managed to get it connected by BT to my iPhone 7 it connects instantly after pushing the fire button when the 2400 times out. Display is easy to read, and Auto brightness works well. Have no issues ranging things out to 1500 yards. Calculation and solution is displayed quickly. Profiles for each gun are easy to input and sync.

Cons: Ballistics catalog is scarce. No Winchester or Federal ammo data. My BC values I looked up do not seem to jibe with the 2400 internal library values. Display is not as crisp as my Leica was, even after playing with the focusing ring for 20 mins. The display model was the same way so I'm guessing it is a byproduct of the LED display.
Cannot Custom name each Profile.

All in all I'm pretty happy. I played with the G7 for awhile and ultimately decided to go with the Sig at 300.00 less because of the size and the fact I have no need to range any further than the Sig does.

I've noticed this as well. Anyone know why?

I've seen this asked in a couple other forums with no answer, just an FYI.

The G7 I played around with matched up with the published values I researched, at least on the calibers I use.

I'm pretty sure it's because some of the values in the 2400 library are ballistic curves that applied ballistics has tested and confirmed instead of manufacturer advertised bc's, but I may be wrong...

When you add a new profile and choose to use the bullet library you are told to "Select a Drag Model." You have 3 to choose from: (1) G1, (2) G7, and (3) AB Custom Curve. I haven't used the custom curve but the G7 numbers don't match published data from Hornady's Doppler rader. Also, it appears to be a different database than the Applied Ballistics app.

Example: .284 175g ELD-X. Hornady publishes a G7 of .347. The app has a G7 of .358. I'd like to know why there's a discrepancy. There are more but I'm typing this on my phone and feel that one example is sufficient.

The app now features AB Connect™, so the data from the Lab is always up to date. However, how did you get your muzzle velocity and twist rate? The BC values we have are accurate to less than 1%, however muzzle velocity is often a culprit. Also if your twist rate is slow, than you will lose some BC (depending on atmospherics) due to a drop in SG.

The app now features AB Connect™, so the data from the Lab is always up to date. However, how did you get your muzzle velocity and twist rate? The BC values we have are accurate to less than 1%, however muzzle velocity is often a culprit. Also if your twist rate is slow, than you will lose some BC (depending on atmospherics) due to a drop in SG.

I can only answer for me. All my guns are custom so I know the exact twist. Muzzle velocity I either use a magneto speed or simply look up manuf listed velocities and adjust by my drops in one of my apps.

I'm not talking about drops in the app as much as the BC listed for the bullet libraries. As referenced above by 1911.

I use a Labradar but I'm not talking about drop. I'm talking about the discrepancies in published BC's.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.