SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

For any of you guys who are having Bluetooth connection issues - contact Nick Vitalbo from Applied Ballistics directly. He is happy to help. He is a busy guy so don't expect him to respond in 10 minutes but he will get back to you.

[email protected]

Here is what he told me today about those issues - "We've seen some users have connectivity issues and they are usually dependent upon the phone. Most issues can be resolved and I am not aware of maybe more than a handful of users that have had issues - usually on some phones that don't have very good Bluetooth support."

I am also hearing the occasional report of someone feeling the ballistic solution being provided by the KILO 2400 doesn't match their tried and true dope. Nick Vitalbo and Doc Beech from Applied Ballistics are happy to help you guys work through that as well. They are finding that the issue is usually a mistake or misunderstanding of an input.

[email protected]

I think I remember reading somewhere several pages ago that some were having trouble with the tripod adapter fitting the unit. Was there any solution to this problem? Mine is a tad too tight to go all the way on. I called sig CS and they said apply more force it's covered in warranty,but I really don't want to tear the rubber inserts off a $1300+ unit!!

Other than that i love the unit so far. In hot/humid/hazy conditions today I stopped in median on a long,open stretch of 4lane and ranged road signs at 2269 and 2308 consistently. I was impressed!! Gonna go out and shoot this weekend and compare ballistic solutions to my already proven comeups.

I think I remember reading somewhere several pages ago that some were having trouble with the tripod adapter fitting the unit. Was there any solution to this problem? Mine is a tad too tight to go all the way on. I called sig CS and they said apply more force it's covered in warranty,but I really don't want to tear the rubber inserts off a $1300+ unit!!

Other than that i love the unit so far. In hot/humid/hazy conditions today I stopped in median on a long,open stretch of 4lane and ranged road signs at 2269 and 2308 consistently. I was impressed!! Gonna go out and shoot this weekend and compare ballistic solutions to my already proven comeups.

I believe a couple guys had them shrinking in extreme cold.

You can also try squeezing the sides of the bracket which give it a little extra height to get over the black rubber on the top of the rangefinder.

Mine went on easy with a tiny and spread dab of food grade silicone gel (for use in my #42 head grinder). Therein lies my ONLY complaint--for comedic effect--the edges of the mount are super sharp. I touched them off ever so slightly with a medium metal file.

Now this is a change of focus, but I'm not getting any responses to my numerous pleas. I cannot access the iPhone edition of the Sig Ballistic App. I've installed it on my Samsung Tab A and 4 and works great. I do need to spend more time with it as I haven't been able to correct the MV in HUD, but I think I just need "eye time/range-time."

Mine went on easy with a tiny and spread dab of food grade silicone gel (for use in my #42 head grinder). Therein lies my ONLY complaint--for comedic effect--the edges of the mount are super sharp. I touched them off ever so slightly with a medium metal file.

Now this is a change of focus, but I'm not getting any responses to my numerous pleas. I cannot access the iPhone edition of the Sig Ballistic App. I've installed it on my Samsung Tab A and 4 and works great. I do need to spend more time with it as I haven't been able to correct the MV in HUD, but I think I just need "eye time/range-time."

Can you not open app on iPhone or will it not sync through Bluetooth? Just wondering as it took me several minutes and different tries to initially get the two to sync.

What iPhone are you using? iOS 7 or newer?

Its an iPhone 6S+, but I got it now. Turns out one must have iTunes to get the app. Surely is a major jump in speed and convenience. I've just one problem now and that's the HUD readout MV is higher than entered in the Gun Profiles. I haven't been able to get back here or to spend more time with my 2400 in the last couple days or so. Now that's changed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.