SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

Ok after further testing on a galaxy tablet it appears all of my issues have to do with my galaxy s7 phone. On the tablet this thing worked flawlessly. I ranged small trees out to 1680 yards INSTANTLY! I haven't have a chance to validate my ballistics yet but I feel much better about the purchase!

Hey guys - real quick... the Galaxy S7 did require an update for the wind meter to work - so thank you for bringing that to our attention. On the compass - I'd probably try more rotations to make sure you're getting a good calibration... specifically in the early parts of the calibration routine. On the Bluetooth connectivity - if you have further issues on the S7, let me know. I might be able ot figure out what's going on there.

-Nick Vitalbo
(nVisti / Applied Ballistics)

One of the sales guys at Cabela's here in SC said they had a few people bring their 2400's back because of numerous issues.

He said they are only Special ordering them right now until the kinks are worked out.

There was a small issue on the first few units that shipped where the range from scan mode was not being populated into the ballistics. Most of the users that received those units have sent them to me for re-flashing. Since then, everything has been corrected and there are no known issues at this time.

I'm not sure if you've finalized the update for the S7 but I don't have a update available and I'm still having connection issues and the wind meter still doesn't work. My s5 works perfectly but the s7 is teal glitchy. This is a Verizon phone and about a week ago a system update cheeked the entire phone! Might have something to do with the issues.Just thought I'd let you know. Thanks

I'm not sure if you've finalized the update for the S7 but I don't have a update available and I'm still having connection issues and the wind meter still doesn't work. My s5 works perfectly but the s7 is teal glitchy. This is a Verizon phone and about a week ago a system update cheeked the entire phone! Might have something to do with the issues.Just thought I'd let you know. Thanks

No, I have not updated it yet but will do so later today. This will only address the wind meter issue.

One thing that I will note on the S7 - Samsung phones are the worst with respect to Bluetooth communications. Motorola phones are far better and the Google Nexus / Pixel / LG phones are also better. Samsung performs their own device driver work on the Bluetooth communications, which have proven to be much less reliable than the other manufacturers. Usually, they get it figured out over a period of time though - hence the reason your S5 is working well.

I performed a cursory search of "Samsung S7 Bluetooth issues" and it shows a number of users generally experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues w/ many other devices as well.

I updated the Android application to add better support for the Samsung S7 and the WindMeter. No changes were made otherwise to the application though. The Bluetooth issue that you're seeing is one that might have to be addressed with Samsung.

I also am having "pairing " issues using Android phone (Droid turbo 2) Bluetooth is enabled and phone shows it recognizes the 2400 but in app they are not linked. In the app there are no devices shown at the screen " select a device" while rangefinder is on and right next to phone. The third picture is showing that Bluetooth is enabled on the rangefinder. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170425-203411.jpg
    Screenshot_20170425-203411.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20170425-203459.jpg
    Screenshot_20170425-203459.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20170425_205752280.jpg
    IMG_20170425_205752280.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I have a question on if the angle is compensated for in the ballistic solution in the LOS (Line of Sight) mode. I understand that the angle is compensated for in the AMR mode but this is only for yards and won't work with a MOA or MIL output in the gun profile. Does the 2400 compensate for the angle in the "Line of Sight" mode and is that included in the MOA ballistic solution outputted??

I have a question on if the angle is compensated for in the ballistic solution in the LOS (Line of Sight) mode. I understand that the angle is compensated for in the AMR mode but this is only for yards and won't work with a MOA or MIL output in the gun profile. Does the 2400 compensate for the angle in the "Line of Sight" mode and is that included in the MOA ballistic solution outputted??

Yes, LOS it does compensate in the ballistic solution.

Our next shipment of KILO 2400's is on its way and will arrive this Monday May 1st.

CLICK HERE to go to the KILO 2400 page at the LRH Store to place your order.

Question,

Is anyone having trouble with the bluetooth dropping ? Mine connects for 5 mins maybe 7 mins then shuts off

Question,

Is anyone having trouble with the Bluetooth dropping ? Mine connects for 5 mins maybe 7 mins then shuts off

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.