SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

Do you have to enter the environmentals manually when you sinc your gun profile? Otherwise you wouldnt have the correct environmentals of the guns true zero. Hope this makes sense. Thanks

No. As long as your rifle is zeroed at your shooting location, this is not required. You do have the ability to enter(synch) a zero off-set if your zero has shifted, and you do not wish to re-set your turrets to zero.

Thank for your response Grayfox. So I'm assuming it knows the environmentals at the place you zero your gun on that specific day.
Is that correct?

Thank for your response Grayfox. So I'm assuming it knows the environmentals at the place you zero your gun on that specific day.
Is that correct?

While the rangefinder will provide the environmental condiions at your location, at zero, the environmental conditions at zero are not relevant in the ranging process. Once you are zeroed, the Unit will apply the environmental conditions to calculate your drop and windage output using your zero range as a baseline. I do understand where your question is coming from. Many ballistic programs have a provision for entering the environmental conditions at zero. In practice, as long as your rifle is zeroed, This does not materially influence the ballistic outputs using the Sig 2400 or Gunwerks G7, both which I have had success well beyond 1000 yards in varied environmental conditions.....they work!

That explains it! Thank you for your knowledge! I did shoot some objects yesterday at 6-1000 yards with 3 different gun profiles an wrote that data down. The dialups were all but identical to my data on shooter app that I always use.
Thanks Again,
Wayne

I'm not sure if this question is answered in this thread or not so I apologize if it's been asked and answered.

When I make entries in the temp table it still requires an entry in the muzzle velocity and that's the number that shows when I look at the profile. I assume the app calculates based on the temp table and the environmental data it collects but I'm curious why I would need to put anything in the muzzle velocity. If my load varies by, say, 25 FPS when measured at 0 degrees and 80 degrees, which velocity should I be entering in the muzzle velocity field?

I've been loving my Sig2400, but been noticing some inconsistencies. I have been using my SIG for my local comps, and been seeing some high flying shots on very stable platforms. So....Long story short...I've realized that the DA on the G2400 is WAY high. For example, while trying to solve the mystery yesterday, I noticed my DA on the Kestrel and Shooter APP was 2880'ish. My Sig was stable at 4820. At 500 yards and in, this didn't seem to make much difference but my dope started to be affected at further distances. BTW....as per kestrel and shooter APP, the DA is 2360'ish this morning and the Sig is stating 5k'ish. Anyone else seeing this. I shoot 1300+ yards often, and the difference can be up to .5+ mil high on the Sig. I will call Sig tomorrow, but I can't trust this device at the moment.

I've been loving my Sig2400, but been noticing some inconsistencies. I have been using my SIG for my local comps, and been seeing some high flying shots on very stable platforms. So....Long story short...I've realized that the DA on the G2400 is WAY high. For example, while trying to solve the mystery yesterday, I noticed my DA on the Kestrel and Shooter APP was 2880'ish. My Sig was stable at 4820. At 500 yards and in, this didn't seem to make much difference but my dope started to be affected at further distances. BTW....as per kestrel and shooter APP, the DA is 2360'ish this morning and the Sig is stating 5k'ish. Anyone else seeing this. I shoot 1300+ yards often, and the difference can be up to .5+ mil high on the Sig. I will call Sig tomorrow, but I can't trust this device at the moment.

Pardon me , but if the density altitude reads a higher altitude (elevation ) on the Sig Kilo2400 than a true reading , the shoot-to elevation adjustment would show fewer mils , or moa , on the Sig Kilo2400 , than would be showing on the Kestral , if the Kestral is showing a lower altitude ( elevation ) . The higher the altitude ( elevation ) , the thinner the atmosphere , thus , the less resistance to the bullet's flight , therefore , less mils , or moa , adjustment is necessary . Therefore , if you dial suggested elevation as shown on Sig unit , versus the true altitude , you should be shooting low , not high .
Or , I may not know what I am writing about .

DMP25-06 could be onto something. Altitude is a very wonky thing. I pretty much dispense with the whole "Altitude" thing and use Station Pressure instead of DA. The reason we care about Altitude is because Pressure is less or more at different altitudes. If you get a Station Pressure (a true pressure reading at your exact location and not adjusted for altitude), your Station Pressure is your True Pressure and Altitude doesn't matter. Of course your gonna have to key in other inputs like Temp, Range, Angle and so on. Sort'a defeats the purpose of an all-in-one. Then again, getting a good ballistic solution isn't bad either.

You guys are correct....now I need to go back through my notes :)
However, there is no way I would trust this knowing the DA is so off from the real DA.
That being said, I was playing around with settings last night, and miraculously the DA adjusted to something in the normal range. I have no idea what setting would cause that, so right now I'm checking it off as something being stuck or a bug.

I also agree that using station pressure would be the best option; which the Sig does, but when the DA is displaying in your face and it's sooooo incorrect, just doesn't help with the confidence level.

Question all... I may be overthinking this but here it goes.

I leave for an Idaho hunt Oct. 8th so Im trying to get this straight. Currently I run a leica 1600B with a Custom turret tape built for 9000 ft. (Im from PA at 2000).

I found a used sig ABS2400 and am thinking of buying it for this hunt. I already have my data collected from earlier this summer and built a custom turret tape for Idaho at 9,000 ft at 40 degrees.

The day I collected data..

200 yd zero
1650ft
70 degrees
I shot at
500 yds
1050yds

When I build my ballistic curve on the G7 website it adjusted my true velocity to 3087

My main question is..once I receive my sig how can I confirm my sig drops match my data points previous collected? Will i have to go back and range 500 yds and 1050 yds to make sure its the same as the day I collected my data? I dont want to shoot my rifle again to confirm so I wanted to use previous drops.

If easier to chat I'm 570-377-0158
Thanks,
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.