Sierra Gamechangers 165 in .280 AI

Looking for data on these bullets specifically. Trying them with RL23 and 4831SC. Any help would be appreciated! Also, if you have used these in a .280AI and have feedback, feel free to leave that as well! Thanks!
I don't have much data but used the 165 Sierra spitzer bt in my old 7mm Remington mag and they performed beautifully. Using 71grns of IMR 7828.
3210 fps. Shot tight groups as well. Sierra makes a fine bullet.

Attachments

• IMG_20231125_080207943.jpg
    IMG_20231125_080207943.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 51
Federal trophy Bonded Tip or the Federal terminal Ascent, both are awesome killing bullets , you will not be disappointed with them . Strip the barrel before you shoot them and start your loads using the Barnes Book , shoot 8-10 fouling rounds at bottom of load data to season the barrel and then start your sets looking for pressure , both of these bullets are killing machines !

Federal trophy Bonded Tip or the Federal terminal Ascent, both are awesome killing bullets , you will not be disappointed with them . Strip the barrel before you shoot them and start your loads using the Barnes Book , shoot 8-10 fouling rounds at bottom of load data to season the barrel and then start your sets looking for pressure , both of these bullets are killing machines !
I was very happy with the terminal ascents in the loaded ammo. But I've never found just the bullets in 7mm.

That's a great bullet too! I shot it in 2 calibers. Great elk bullet!! TBT by Federal. The Sierra Game changer I shy'd away from and maybe I shelved them prematurely. I got 3000 in my 7 mag with H1000. Super accurate but they really came apart in a water jug.

I don't have much data but used the 165 Sierra spitzer bt in my old 7mm Remington mag and they performed beautifully. Using 71grns of IMR 7828.
3210 fps. Shot tight groups as well. Sierra makes a fine bullet.
3200 with a 165 is absolutely smoking 🚬 wow!!! I get that with 140s but dang that's Ferrari fast. I'll have to try that load.

Reloader 23 will outrun H4831SC by about 100+ fps using a mag primer for RE23 in this chambering. You should just do a ladder on both powders/primers and find a node you think works best. Accuracy will be king of course.

4831sc was my go to in 280ai and shot fantastic with heavy for caliber bullets, until I rebarreled to 22" and it became a little anemic with muzzle velocity. If I still shot 26" barrel I would still shoot 4831sc. If I were you I'd look at threads for 168 grain bullet load data, of which there is probably more than you can read on this forum alone, and go from there.

For our 280 AI we use Rldr 17 and 23. Both are rocket fuel with the 160s and 168's as well as 175 Berger EH. I just use the rldr 23 for the temp stable powder and rldr 17 is fine from 40 to 90 degrees.