show me your custom painted rifles please

sheepaholic

My custom is almost finished it's as follows
26 nosler
McMillan stock
defiance action
26" benchmark barrel
this is going to be a hunting rifle so I don't want to leave it shiny chome so I'm thinking I would ceracote it like a dark earthy green with the flutes and bolt black and some simular colour
just wanted to seem some fully painted rifles to see how it looks
can you please post some pics for me to reference
Thanks

Sorry, I don't have a picture to show you. But my son recently had his barrel and action Cerakoted - not for looks but to eliminate the shine of the SS barrel and hardware and offer some added protection from the elements on those outback hunting excursions. Every time I plan to have it done I find something else on my list of toys and spend the money there. But one of these days I'll take the plunge.
I personally prefer a single color - and I would add this.
I remember the days at the drag strip where the guys who spent all their money on a fancy paint job for their "rod" were driving cars that weren't competitive. The guys who put their money into running gear were the winners.
I try to look at my shooting gear the same way. A couple of hundred bucks on a custom painted stock and special finishes that make my rifle look like a work of art but have no practical purpose are, IMO, a waste of my money.
Cerakote helps prevent, or at least minimize, damage from the elements. That, IMO, is practical. That's the only reason I'd spend the money. gun) -------------

If all you want is to get rid of the shine, you can get it bead blasted for about 50 bucks.

Did this last winter. It's called Advanced Tiger Stripe. I did it in the US Navy's war colors.

Attachments

• 2013 RIFLE PAINT JOB 132.jpg
    2013 RIFLE PAINT JOB 132.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 137
Thank You, I figure I have about 4 hours of shaping and cutting into it, but it gives me a perfect cheek weld and eye elevation.

Got a Remington 700 a few months back and decided to paint it with some fusion camo. Paint has held up great, decided not to paint the barrel however . let me know what you think

Attachments

• 1428320254064509485634.jpg
    1428320254064509485634.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 124
Looks good kevlar, depending on where you hunt, you better only set it down with the scope up so you can find it. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.