Shoulder Bump Range... What's Acceptable??

I've got 2 of Johns click dies and i think 4 or 5 of his before the click came around its the Giraud I'm trying to talk myself itnto, should have made myself more clear
I've said this before and I'll say it again: I'd rather give up reloading than give up my Giraud trimmer.

Suggestion- get a shell holder, and cutter head for each caliber. Plus a spare carbide blade. That way you can adjust each caliber then leave it. I hate having to re-set trimming for each caliber. Having one for each is so easy. However, if you trim several calibers, it may be costly. Whatever works for you. Best thing since sliced bread. You know the old saying: Buy once, cry once.

I've got 2 of Johns click dies and i think 4 or 5 of his before the click came around ts the Giraud I'm trying to talk myself itnto
I've said this before and I'll say it again: I'd rather give up reloading than give up my Giraud trimmer.

Suggestion- get a shell holder, and cutter head for each caliber. Plus a spare carbide blade. That way you can adjust each caliber then leave it. I hate having to re-set trimming for each caliber. Having one for each is so easy. However, if you trim several calibers, it may be costly. Whatever works for you. Best thing since sliced bread. You know the old saying: Buy once, cry once.
I know, I have alot of different cartridges thats my hold up its gonna be spendy.

I've got 2 of Johns click dies and i think 4 or 5 of his before the click came around ts the Giraud I'm trying to talk myself itnto

I know, I have alot of different cartridges thats my hold up its gonna be spendy.
Yeah, I'm with ya. I got what I needed for 3 calibers. I think it was somewhere around $675??? 2 years ago. Then got the other 4 over the next 6 months. I will never regret it. When I got mine, there was a wait list of 4.5 months. No idea what it is now.

UPDATE: I separated cases out based on shoulder bump as follows and went to the range with 6 of each:
.003-.005"
.002-.003"
.001-.002"
Not sure if it was just one of those days where everything aligned or how much I can attribute to the bump grouping, but I got great results. I shot 3 of each bump group at 500yds and again at 800yds. All groups were 3/4 MOA or better and all of the .001-.003 were at 1/2 MOA or very close to it. I'm definitely going to try and improve my process for bumping consistency as best I can. Thanks for all the replies.

UPDATE: I separated cases out based on shoulder bump as follows and went to the range with 6 of each:
.003-.005"
.002-.003"
.001-.002"
Not sure if it was just one of those days where everything aligned or how much I can attribute to the bump grouping, but I got great results. I shot 3 of each bump group at 500yds and again at 800yds. All groups were 3/4 MOA or better and all of the .001-.003 were at 1/2 MOA or very close to it. I'm definitely going to try and improve my process for bumping consistency as best I can. Thanks for all the replies.
I'd guess your in there. Good luck. Stay out of the rabbit hole, if you can.

Recent Posts