Shoulder bump problem or no problem?

IIRC... the reamers .200 line is around .553-.555. That possible bur that gouged the case at the .200 line may be your problem.
It doesn't take much to get tight in that area.

Last edited:
IIRC... the reamers .200 line is around .553-.555. That possible bur that gouged the case at the .200 line may be your problem.
It doesn't take much to get tight in that area.
I'd like to get a reamer print on it. I think 2 companies make a reamer, but off the same print. There aren't multiple reamer dimensions on this one. The SS and Max there are 2 different reamer dimensions, but not on this one there isnt

Which dies are you using? I replied on the .338 Mega thread, but I have no problem chambering my fired and sized brass (0.002" bump). My barrel was chambered by Preferred Barrel Blanks using the long reamer (rented for this job).

Which dies are you using? I replied on the .338 Mega thread, but I have no problem chambering my fired and sized brass (0.002" bump). My barrel was chambered by Preferred Barrel Blanks using the long reamer (rented for this job).
Hey there Handgun. I'm using the Hornady Match dies, and I was chambered with the long reamer. I think I'm wondering if I have that chamber cleaned up and what seems to be a burr gone, would I still have the die problem?

Last edited:
Did you measure your neck diameter near the shoulder?
I'm doing the same thing, but I'm going from 7mm to 30 cal. I found that using Lapua brass instead of Peterson brass that after resizing a case after fireforming The neck diameter near the shoulder junction is significantly larger and in a lot of cases larger than the neck in my chamber. I sharpied up that area and chambered the case, with resistance, and there were no identifiable marks in that area. That measures larger. I did find that there was a very, very tiny thin ring at the shoulder junction where it seems the shoulder junction in the chamber is hitting the case. This happens even though I've bumped the shoulders back. 0.003. so, its almost like the donut exists in the neck/ shoulder junction area as well and shows up when I size the case.
I'm not sure what to do about it other than neck turning or honing out the rear portion of the neck in my chamber
That would be a tough one. I suppose something like that could be going on. Like you I see no marks in that area after I've sharpied my case. I'll measure it and see what I've got. This could also be a possibility.