shot the HS 270 WSM this morning!!

hshunter

tried out my tripod portable rest this morning, had to add an extension for front support to the plate. ended up shooting a pretty decent group, juist need to shoot a few more and chrono it. 100 yds,three shot group.
DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0415.jpg

nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

That's what I was thinking. I don't care how good you think it shoots, if you can't hit the dime, it's a boat anchor.

That's a nice piece for sure and shoots as good as it looks.

hshunter,
Congratulations, that's some awesome shooting!
What surprises me is the surface of the table; I would think that by not letting the legs of the bipod slide freely it would not let you be consistent.

Tom, if you want me to check it out on antelope this year let me know, I'm always willing to help another shooter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eaglet, didn't seem to be any problems with recoil and the shelf liner on the plate. it is a soft texture and gives the legs just enough bite that I did not have to load the tripod with as much pressure as I have off of a smooth bench. will continue to shoot off of it and will probably try another plate that does not have the shelf covering on it as well.
yote, If I was going this year,the 270 and the 7WSM were to be the primarys for lopes this year. will just have to wait till next year , they won't do anything more than that 6.5 MOA ya got , now that is a shooter.
come on over this spring and we will burn some powder.

nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Man! There are folks on here that cant get a rifle to shoot a group like that! Awesome! It helps if you put the dime dead center of the target! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.