Single Shot Success

I've debated sending her barrel in for a Holland brake as well. The Witt is as ugly as the old polychokes on shotguns....but it does work well. Do you have any experience comparing the two?

I've debated sending her barrel in for a Holland brake as well. The Witt is as ugly as the old polychokes on shotguns....but it does work well. Do you have any experience comparing the two?
I have never used a Witt.
Part of the Witt's recoil reduction comes from the sheer weight of it compared to other brakes.
The Holland brake will work great, but be aware that brakes work better with more gas or higher pressure everything else being equal.
I am not going to say the Holland brake will have more recoil reduction on the 357 Max barrel than the Witt does, but it will sure look better.

In general i dont like the looks of the witt brake…..but ill be dang if i don't have a work buddy that set up a 14" contender in .223 with a homemade grip/forearm, a riflescope….AND he bought it with the witt brake already on it. Its a really good looking outfit that i would be proud to own.
Kinnda shocked me when I seen it in person.

Recent Posts