SHOT Show 2016, ELR and ELR-related Products, Day 4

ELR Researcher

SHOT Show 2016, ELR and ELR-related Products, Day 4:

OK, I was wrong. I missed some booths that I shouldn't have. [Frankly some booths are real hard to find, some had "un-announced" booth numbers, and the main show floor is VERY disorienting when you are trying to move in an even semi-straight line.] I went back this morning and grabbed them up. As with Day 1, 2, and 3, I only talked to folks about ELR and ELR-related, so no info on other products. "NN" denotes "nothing new" - so you see what booths I visited but found nothing that had not already turned up in one of my weekly site-update recaps. Pics ("Pics") to follow on the weekend on my site, way too much hassle to get them reviewed, cropped and onto a site that has decent bandwidth. So here goes, in alpha order.

1. McMillan Fiberglass Stocks – they were showing 6 new-for-2016 models. [Of course no online data. I'll try to photograph their flyer and post it this weekend during my "pic-add" session.] The most interesting one was the "Sentry", McMillan's first stock with AR-back-end offering. It is targetted towards shooters that like their AR buttstock and grip and might be interested in moving them to a bolt gun. In addition to sans-buttstock-and-grip (so the shooter can accessorize at will), they will probably be offering some specific non-McMillan pieces, so folks could get a "full" stock. All the new models are 12-14 weeks if ordered "now". I flipped the flyer over and found that they also have 3 new paint finishes (appear like being viewed through a fog) and 3 new molded-in finishes, including "GAP Ambush" (I'm assuming "GAP", as in GA Precision – all the text is bolded). Pics (beyond the flyer).

2. Cadex Defence (Canadian spelling) – was showing their new Shadow/CDX-40 (in .408 CT) and Tremor/CDX-50 (in .50 BMG). All the critical components, including the actions, but less the Bartlein barrels, are built in Canada in their own facilities. Most regrettably, they will NOT be offering their actions stand-alone. Their 2016 catalog (MEDIA - Cadex Defence) remains the only source for detail info on these models. Pics.

3. Savage – as noted in the Drake Associates "item", Savage was showing the new, factory-blueprinted, Drake-stock-sporting, "110 BA Stealth" rifle (in 338 LM the SKU is 22640, MSRP: $1622). The flyer from the Drake booth notes, "A similar Savage/Drake combination recently took first place for Top National Guard Team and 8th place overall at the 2015 US Army International Sniper Competition." Pics.

4. Truvelo – so I went back to photograph the bolt from their CMS 338. While there I was informed that Gun Mountain in Henderson, NV will be a reseller for Truvelo rifles. See www.gunmountain.com. Looks like a really interesting place – their home page flashes the offer of an M34 Mini-gun for $325K (as used in "Terminator", "Predator" and other movies). The very kind lady in the adjacent booth is the proprietor. Pics.

Now that actually is the end of my coverage for this year. I'm back home and waiting for the oven to heat up so I can pop in a DiGiorno. Travel food (as in that stuff folks consume while driving) is yuk! Hope you enjoyed the coverage.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.