SHOT Show 2016, ELR and ELR-related Products, Day 3

ELR Researcher

SHOT Show 2016, ELR and ELR-related Products, Day 3:

Today I finished off the remaining space, primarily the main show floor. As with Day 1 and 2, I only talked to folks about ELR and ELR-related, so no info on other products. "NN" denotes "nothing new" - so you see what booths I visited but found nothing that had not already turned up in one of my weekly site-update recaps. Pics ("Pics") to follow on the weekend on my site, way too much hassle to get them reviewed, cropped and onto a site that has decent bandwidth. So here goes, in alpha order.

1. Minox - was showing their "MD 88 W" spotting scope (20-60x88, angled eyepiece only). This made-in-Germany spotter has a MAP of $1799. I was informed that the specs were on their site. As of 1/21/16 8:20 PM, Pacific, they are not.

2. Newcon Optik - was showing their entry into spotting scopes, the Spotter LRF and Spotter LRF Pro. The Pro is 550nm and has a max range of 3000 yards, the non-Pro is 905nm and has a range of 2000 yards. The spotter side is 15-45x60. Pic.

3. RCBS - was showing the M1000 scale (up to 1000 gr., replaces the model 1010).

4. Redding - was showing their new "Precision Inside Chamfer Tool" and their new "Piloted Case Chamfer and Debur Tool." The first cuts the inside chamfer at 15 degrees. The second handles both the inside and outside chamfer/deburr, the inside at 30 degrees. Both adjust for case length and align off the primer flash hole. Images at Media Center - Redding Reloading Equipment: reloading equipment for rifles, handguns, pistols, revolvers and SAECO bullet casting equipment

5. Rifle Accuracy Systems/RAS (Bostrom Gunsmithing) - was showing their redesigned line of barrel harmonics tuners and tuner/brakes. The back story is their two year development of a tuner for the AR15 platform. The quite substantial knowledge gained during that development process has been rolled into the earlier benchrest and F-class-focused product family...plus they added a turner and a couple of tuner/brakes for barrels as large as 1.260" at the muzzle. [Note: Their tuners can be used with other manufacturer's brakes and their tuners an tuner/brakes can be used with larger diameter barrels - they'll provide the "How To" info.] See Bostrom Gunsmithing and also read their "Improved Rifle Accuracy Study" for what's it all about.

6. SIG - was showing the quite frankly incredible Kilo2000 LRF. At about 4' x 3.5" it is very compact and light weight. With bright data display and center target circle, a range of 3400 (3.4K) yards, and a MAP of $499...maybe Vectronix saw this coming when they killed Terrapin. See KILO2000 [Yes, I know this is not "new". That said, it is worth getting the word out. Bottom line, if I was in the market for an LRF, I'd buy this one in a heartbeat.]

7. Sightron - was showing several new models, the "most" interesting being the 34mm-tube, SV (as in, S five) Series. All models are 10-50x60, Mil or MOA, with or without illumination. They were also showing tripods (a new product area fo Sightron). See Sightron: Home: Your source for premium Riflescopes and Binoculars! Pics.

8. Truvelo (in Phoenix Defense's booth) - the shipment (their "CMS 338") and "handler" finally arrived! VERY long conversation about a bunch of possible future events. Access to components remain a possible, dialog fully initiated. While there are plenty of data on the Truvelo site (CMS 338 Lapua | Truvelo Manufacturers), and the this rifle is not "new", it was photographed a bunch. Brain fade, I did not pull and photograph the bolt. BTW, Phoenix Defense is located in LV (Las Vegas), not AZ. Pics.

9. Versa-Pod - was showing their USA-made, "350 Series" bipods...with handles (in place of thumb-chewing, grooved screws)! Always a very feature-rich and functional bipod, IMO the handles are a huge improvement. Shipping in early Spring. They expect to move to handles across all their lines (over time). Pics (side-by-side with "old" style).

10. Zeiss - was showing the new Victory V8 line, including the 4.8-35x60. See ZEISS VICTORY Riflescopes - THE LEADING-EDGE OPTICS | ZEISS United States

NN - AAC, Bell & Carlson, Bushmaster, CZ-USA, Forster, Gunwerks, Hensoldt, Hodgdon, Magpul, H-S Precision, Nikon, Oehler (the System 88 was introduced last SHOT and available since), Remington, Steiner, Swarovski, Trijicon.

That's all for this year. Sorry if I missed one (or more) of your ELR/ELR-related favorites. E-mail or PM me in advance for next year.

Correction:

Newcon Optik - was showing their latest spotting scopes, the Spotter LRF and Spotter LRF Pro. They include, as the names suggest, an LRF, an industry first. The Pro is 1550nm and has a max range of 3000 yards, the non-Pro is 905nm and has a range of 2000 yards. The spotter side is 15-45x60. Specs at http://www.newcon-optik.com/regular_optics.html

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.