SHOT Show 2015 - ELR-related: Day 3

ELR Researcher

SHOT Show 2015 - ELR-related: Day 3 (final day for me)

Bix & Andy (in the Bullet Central booth - their US distributor/reseller) showed their upcoming 2-stage trigger for Rem 700 layout actions; available this year; pics will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday). [BTW, the action shown carrying the new trigger is what I believe is the next gen of super-highend benchrest actions - beyond incredible! Regrettably for us, in small caliber only.]

Defiance Machine was showing a new Deviant model with "controlled round case feed" - quite a departure from the current Deviant model. It will support 338LM with Remington style mag box or DBM for AI CIP-length mags. Pics will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday)

Gunwerks was showing a prototype from their own-design receiver line, which will include a 338 LM-capable model with support for AI CIP-length mags; due this Summer.

IMI (Israel) was showing ammunitions products, including .338 LM and .50 BMG. Other sources advised that both of those cartridges should be being imported by around May, though IMI's info sheet targets the .338 LM (250 gr "Long Range Tactical") for snipers - thus commercial availability is not assured, especially for the .50 BMG.

Ithaca had rifle models in their booth and a product flyer that include, "The Savior" (model) is Ithaca Precision's .338 Lapua. It is exclusively tactical, and not for hunting."

LabRadar - again a booth with product. They said they had recently completed FCC testing (passed) and expect to be shipping in about two months.

Meopta had their new Meopro 80 HD spotting scope on display. It has an integrated 20-60 eyepiece (eliminates two lens, produces brighter and higher quality transmission). See MeoPro 80 HD - American Built HD performance

Noreen (OnlyLongRange) was showing a possible 2015 model, the BN408, a semi-auto in 408 CT. The design is very different from the current Bad News 338 LM semi-auto and has a quite- unexpectedly-small (read AR-size) brake. Availability seemed quite tentative because of possible foreign government commitments. Pics will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday).

Pacific Tool & Gauge (PTG) was showing their "Pacific Tactical" (Rem 700 footprint) line of branded receivers which will include the B52 (338 LM) model; should be available in about two months. Also showing a PTG trigger (which will be available/optional with the new actions) - a "Karl Kenyon clone" with single-point adjustment from 3.5-6 oz.

Stealth Engineering Group (SEG) was showing the baffle tube for their upcoming .50 BMG suppressor (Ti) - massive! Pic will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday).

THOR Global Defense was showing a new rifle in 338 LM, the TRMA338. It sports a Cadex chassis and is expected to be shipping by April.

T.Z.Case had their very-long-gun-friendly TZM0062 rifle case on display, 62" long (exterior) and of apparent good design and quality. Their website "details" take some time to load - see T.Z. Case International

Velocity Tactics, a new player in the solid projectiles marketplace, was showing solid copper .338s in 270 and 275 grs - both for ELR but substantially different in design approach. Availability: approx 4 weeks. No info on their website, hope they add it soon.

Zakłady Mechaniczne Tarnów (ZMT) of Poland had a hunting and sporting version of their bullpup military sniper rifle line on display and noted the possibility of importing the 338 LM and .50 BMG models in that line. See http://zmt.tarnow.pl/pliki/Products ZMT SA.pdf

ELR Researcher: Thank you for taking the time to give us the highlights from various manufacturers.

What was your opinion from the various bullet manufacturers as to what the current market, attitude or availability looks like in the near future?

ELR Researcher: Thank you for taking the time to give us the highlights from various manufacturers.

What was your opinion from the various bullet manufacturers as to what the current market, attitude or availability looks like in the near future?

Never discussed - no opinion. As noted in this thread, one new supplier showed with what looks like interesting products (I only looked at the two .338 models).

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.