Short barreled 7mm ??? Help me pick - people with experience please

Figured I would post this picture, I'll make a thread on this build separately. I am fully sold on short barreled magnums, after the 20" 7 max of my wife's sending 170 Cayuga's at an idle going 2840 fps, and my 20" 30 nosler sending 208's at 2931 fps (sending 215 bergers at 2991, brass lasted 9 fireings), I have no doubt this will perform. Ended up going with the 7 max on this, he plans on shooting this gun a lot, so I figured we should go a little more conservative on this chambering, hopefully have the barrel last a little longer.

The twisted barrel did the fluting and cerakoting, ended up looking great, and matching the rifle stock fantastic

20220820_105339.jpg
20220820_105351.jpg

Seems you have an obsession with building Hobbit guns. LOL
That came out nice Cody ! You need to get him a horse holster scabbard thingy for it to finish it off.
Still going with the Meopta ?

Seems you have an obsession with building Hobbit guns. LOL
That came out nice Cody ! You need to get him a horse holster scabbard thingy for it to finish it off.
Still going with the Meopta ?
Yup, I had it in a set of low tally's, but the bolt just barely touches the eye piece when you lift it, so gonna get a set of mediums

I really like that fluting style. It does a really nice job tying in the stock with the action.

My first custom build I'm planning on doing a short magnum as well. I personally am more than willing to lose a little velocity to gain a more packable system especially when combined with a suppressor.

Figured I would post this picture, I'll make a thread on this build separately. I am fully sold on short barreled magnums, after the 20" 7 max of my wife's sending 170 Cayuga's at an idle going 2840 fps, and my 20" 30 nosler sending 208's at 2931 fps (sending 215 bergers at 2991, brass lasted 9 fireings), I have no doubt this will perform. Ended up going with the 7 max on this, he plans on shooting this gun a lot, so I figured we should go a little more conservative on this chambering, hopefully have the barrel last a little longer.

The twisted barrel did the fluting and cerakoting, ended up looking great, and matching the rifle stock fantastic
great looking build Cody! Really unique!

Recent Posts