Shooting results !!!!!! (Today) Pics added!!

Well it's 4:15 AM (trying to beat the heat) Leaving out shortly I have sort of that "opening day feeling" that is what makes LR shooting so fun . Gear is all loaded up and the Dell Axum is fully charged ! Be back with some pics later on today hopefully gun)

Re: Shooting results !!!!!! (Today) Pics 7/28/12

I had taken my camera along with me today but the batteries died so I used my cell phone to take the pics . Maybe it will be clear enough to get an ideah.

This is my first time shooting 1000 yards let alone groups.
I feel pretty good about how todays shooting practice went .
I also learned some things .
First time in the prone position ( I really liked this)
I shot two 3 shot groups and had 1 shot in each group that did not give me that warm and fuzzy feeling .

I truly feel that next time I will tighten these groups up a little.
The Corn is so high now , I couldnt use my truck bed so I had to move to "High Ground":D
The small orange dots are from a few weeks back when I shot at 600 and 813 yards.
The first photo you see is my very first cold bore shot and the NF software called for 24.25 MOA I fired one shot (wasnt confident that I would even be on the target) , but my father Inlaw checked the target and told me my impact shot . I then .75 MOA off and then went to shooting some 3 shot groups.

Thanks for looking........

Attachments

• 0728120750a.jpg
    0728120750a.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 0728120739a.jpg
    0728120739a.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 0728120740a.jpg
    0728120740a.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 0728120742a.jpg
    0728120742a.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 0728120643a.jpg
    0728120643a.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 0728120641a.jpg
    0728120641a.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 72
First time @ 1000. . . are you sure you're not pullin' someone's leg???:)

That roof top shooting will cause a bit of bounce.

I too am confident you'll do better next go.

Poor sucker . . . you're hooked!:)

Couldn't be happier for you!

Of course it was 105 here today, bright and sunny by noon so if you'd used that platform here you'd have been well done in about 10 minutes!

Sub MOA your first time at 1,000yds is no small feat.

Congrats!

Right on!! When a guys gotta shoot a guys gotta shoot, corn or not :D Your confidence has to be growing, what's fun is how easy the 600-800 yard shooting will seem after shooting well at 1000 yards gun)

Congrats Buck, Great shooting! I really like the fact you stated you could tell a couple shots were not a good brake of the trigger. If you can tell when you are off a little you are getting there and know what to look for.

Good job man!!

Jeff

Right on!! When a guys gotta shoot a guys gotta shoot, corn or not :D Your confidence has to be growing, what's fun is how easy the 600-800 yard shooting will seem after shooting well at 1000 yards
+1 on the confidence bigngreen. To be honest I kind of doubted the computer & software . No one around my neck of the woods use it. So I owe all of you guys big time for the help and experience that you all have given!

I realize that my shooting plat form is not ideal at all but some times you have to use what's available at the time. I am leaning towards setting a 3/4 sheet of plywood on top of the mini Bus LOL with a 2x close to the end so I can pre load the Bi- pod it kept wanting to scoot forward on me . How much pressure do you guys put on the Bi-pod ?

Roy, This was truly my first time at 1000. I started to make no mention of it but I thought from this day forward I couldnt say that and be honest.
So I thought I would share . Your right I am HOOKED

Broz, I really appreciate all the Pms you have answered for me . I wouldnt be able to have the results I am getting without your help.
My next step is running the target validation option I want to get that first shot close to center elevation wise . Then work on some more groups that way when they cut the corn I will be able to hopefully put one on the groundgun)
One of the confidence builders for me was how both 3 shot groups where close to the same measurement. This load seems to be consistent as long as I do my part.
Thanks again guys!

That is just awesome! I'm proud of you, proud for you and you should be too! I love it when a plan comes together!

Yep. Confidence is something I mention occasionally and it's something which is way underrated in importance.

If you are convinced before you ever pull the trigger you aren't going to make the shot, you most likely won't. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

On the other hand. When you have confidence in your equipment that alone is a big step forward. You know in your heart the rifle/load/scope combo is capable so that gives you a confidence booster before you ever pick it up.

You have learned enough now that you can tell when you pull the trigger whether or not it "should" be on target and when you know you pushed the shot a little and don't therefore expect the best results.

Now you have succeeded in your goal of shooting successfully at 1,000yds; something only a handful of shooters ever does.

From this point forward, whether it's a 200yds shot or 1,000, you will go into it with confidence in yourself and your equipment and with the knowledge that when you pull the trigger you CAN make the shot along with the experience to know whether or not it should be on target.

Congrats again.

Yep. Confidence is something I mention occasionally and it's something which is way underrated in importance.

If you are convinced before you ever pull the trigger you aren't going to make the shot, you most likely won't. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

On the other hand. When you have confidence in your equipment that alone is a big step forward. You know in your heart the rifle/load/scope combo is capable so that gives you a confidence booster before you ever pick it up.

You have learned enough now that you can tell when you pull the trigger whether or not it "should" be on target and when you know you pushed the shot a little and don't therefore expect the best results.

Now you have succeeded in your goal of shooting successfully at 1,000yds; something only a handful of shooters ever does.

From this point forward, whether it's a 200yds shot or 1,000, you will go into it with confidence in yourself and your equipment and with the knowledge that when you pull the trigger you CAN make the shot along with the experience to know whether or not it should be on target.

Congrats again.

You are right, I have always shot at 100 & 200 yards for load development . I can always feel when Ihave had a bad shot due to either, I didnt break the trigger or I wasnt settled in and 100% steady as the Rifle goes off. This is how I felt on one shot in each group. I had a little pure pressure as this was my first time shooting at this distance . Next time I will be more relaxed .

When the farmer cuts the Corn I will be able to get 1250 to maybe 1300 ish . i can see how folks keep going further and further.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.