shooting mat/ground pad

kdumph

Do you guys have any recommendations. I have a number of ground pads that work great. More looking for a shooting mat that one can lay out in the snow and stay dry, other requirement is it rolls up nicely to be attached to a pack.

Do you guys have any recommendations. I have a number of ground pads that work great. More looking for a shooting mat that one can lay out in the snow and stay dry, other requirement is it rolls up nicely to be attached to a pack.

My favorite pad is the triad tactical pad. It's about 36" wide and reaches to just below my knees w bipod on the dirt. It's 1/8" padding makes it sized well to attach to a pack. If you are going to be on the ground for a long time in the snow, 1/8" padding may not be enough.

I have 2 eberlestock shooting mats and love them!

How well do you think they would stand up to the snow, I love the pack I have from them? Would it melt through. I'm also looking at the TAB matt. Seems pretty good, the owner Tony said he could sew in some webbing that will catch my bi-pod so I can load it.

How well do you think they would stand up to the snow, I love the pack I have from them? Would it melt through. I'm also looking at the TAB matt. Seems pretty good, the owner Tony said he could sew in some webbing that will catch my bi-pod so I can load it.
I use mine all year and have never had a problem in the snow

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.