Shooting Data Difference bebween F1 and F2 scopes

Snake Bite

I'm hearing & reading that data calculated on an F2 scope is different when you go from low magnification to maximum magnification….
And when using an F1 scope the data stays accurate from low to max magnification…
Is this what you're seeing and how much of a difference is there?
Thanks

That is correct. On a FFP scope, the distance between the various points on the reticle are the same regardless of the magnification setting on the scope. That is why the reticle gets smaller at the lower magnification settings.

On a SFP scope, those distances are only "accurate" (the same as what the box/instructions say) at a certain power setting, usually the highest.

For example, on a FFP scope where the distance between the middle horizontal reticle line and the first hash mark down is 1.5MOA it is 1.5MOA whether the scope is set at 3X or 18X.
On a SFP scope, it is only 1.5MOA at 18X. At 3X, it is around 9MOA.

That's what I'm reading. I want to purchase a FFP but the hash marks are so fine that my older eyes find it quite difficult to see…..even with glasses it's still not that easy compared to my SFP scope.

That's what I'm reading. I want to purchase a FFP but the hash marks are so fine that my older eyes find it quite difficult to see…..even with glasses it's still not that easy compared to my SFP scope.
I'd go SFP in your case. FFP gets real tiny and may require illumination depending on the target and lighting situation.

The March F1 has one of the thicker and better reticles, probably twice what a nx8 is.See if you can look threw a few scopes first.The TMR is pretty good also.