Shootin Beavers

Can you hook truck up to it with a rope and pull out a major log to damage it? With it being damaged they will be way more active. My buddies dad is DNR and he had a demolition license to blow up damns. It was awesome.

I can mail you my sapper handbook if you want some under the sink chemical explosives ;):D

If worried about bullets richocete, I would get close, wait till they are on land, or use a shotgun where richocete will occur but with less energy.

If your wanting to keep the pelt you have to be perfect and shut them down, lung shot tends to let them dive, they dive if your of and you gotta be ready to grab them by the tail before their gone.

I think you need fo hold off on killing that poor defenseless beaver....
Til we all can join in to blow it up..........blow it up..........

Harder to pull off than you think. That said, you can take a one-pounder covered in peanut butter and birdseed, place it in a prairie dog town and let'r rip.

I feel like you need some solid consultative advice on blowing $h!t up.

I have little explosives experience, that's for sure

We had problems on my buddies property in the Adirondacks so I sat in one of our homemade ladder stands for a couple evenings and used my old IMI Timberwolf.357 to take out the group that was screwing up our road.

Kind of why I was considering the ricochet issue, seems like in the water I'm looking at a quarter swimming around that I have to hit. I'll scope out the area and see if I can find a point that I can smack him when he gets up on land.

Found a good video of a guy popping them at night with thermal... might need to get one of those.

Carpe Sus...he shoots everything with a 6.5 Grendel. He has never mentioned a ricochet when shooting at them in the pond, so I'm not sure it a huge issue.

He has some great hog videos!

I like to use my Marlin lever action 44 mag on beavers, I don't why cause I can't ever hit em with it! So when I get serious I use my 17 hmr and 20gr XTPs. Like said before tear a hole in the dam in the morning then head back out an hour before dark. Sometimes early morning works too

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.