Got the wife out shootin today!!!!

remingtonman_25_06

I decided it was time to talk my wife into going shooting with me. She likes to shoot .22 pistols and such so I knew I had just the right rifle to get her started. My little .222 Remington w/40 btips at 3550fps produce about 2 ft lbs of kick. Perfect for her to learn the basics. She didn't want to shoot paper because it doesn't make a "ding" sound. After a little bit of coaching from me, I had her flip the bipod on the hood of my truck and practice aiming and dry firing my light 2lb trigger on the distant 8" gong 250 yards away. I figured this was far enough out that the bullets would'nt go through my steel. She asked me if this "little gun" even shot that far, ha ha ha. After she dry fired the trigger and got use to it she loaded up the magazine with 5 shells. I told her to put the crosshaird dead on and barely squeeze the trigger untill it goes off. Her first shot was high and to the right. I told her it was ok and to shoot again, but try to be a little bit more steady and barely squeeze the trigger. I asked her if she was jerking the trigger instead of squeezing and she said that she was. I told her not to do that or you'll never hit anything that way. The 2nd shot she settled in, with the bipod over the hood of my pick up, and I"ll be danged if she didn't wack that 250yard gong on her 2nd shot ever shooting a centerfire rifle. She was excited, I was excited for her. She still had 3 shells, and by now she had the biggest grin on her face I've seen for quite some time. I told her to finish off those 3 shells. She proceeded to hit that gong her last 3 shots. So all in all, she was 4-5 at 250 yards her first time ever shooting. I told her that is something to be happy about. She had a fun time and hopefully I can get her to come shooting with me more often. I might even have a new hunting partner out of it one day!!

25-06, that's great. I wish my wife would go, she would last for about two minutes and then it would be time to go home. She is more into going to the beach and hunting for sea shells. Take advantage of it and get her into it more. Once you do, then you wont have to hide your rifle projects, LOL!!!!

Wildcat

Congrats to your wife and congrats to your wife. My wife actually does like to go out shooting with me from time to time but she really hates the cold so most of the hunting is out of order.

Tell her good job.

take it easy
steve

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: wildcat
Subject: Re: Got the wife out shootin today!!!!

25-06, that's great. I wish my wife would go, she would last for about two minutes and then it would be time to go home. She is more into going to the beach and hunting for sea shells. Take advantage of it and get her into it more. Once you do, then you wont have to hide your rifle projects, LOL!!!!

Wildcat

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here Wildcat, only difference is my wife wouldn't even go for the two minutes. She will sit on beach all day. They say opposites attract, I'll spend as much time on a beach as she will on a range.

Frank D

Good deal, I met my wife at a gun club shooting skeet which she still loves.But shooting my rifles is not her favorite thing, too much concussion she says.Guess I will have to continue to coax her into the rofle shooting thing? Tell your wife that she did some good shooting right from the start, you are lucky she likes to shoot rifles! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wish my wife was into shooting the rifles , she things it boring and slow. She does however love shooting the pistols and always begs to go out with us when we go"play" with the MP-5's and M-4's. She even likes to shoot the shot guns some.

She acctualy zapped a rouge stray dog that had be terrorizing the neighborhood , when strait to the safe and grabbed the M-4 stuffed with Hornady TAP ammo , made a one shot kill at about 60yds on a moving target. I was realy impressed as was the officer that had to respond to the call of "woman in back yard with machine gun" but she called and told them she shot a dog before he got their so he knew what he was looking for.

Anyway good job getting her out shooting , next thing you need to do is build her a gun.!!!

abandon all hope , if she into it shes gonna want as much spent on hers as yours.

Luckly my wife makes more than me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif so she gets to fund her toys

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.