Shoot 6.5x55 from a 6.5 creedmoor rifle...

People do silly things, some of which can be dangerous. I recently read where a
shooter shot several 6.5 Creed rounds through his .308 Win. The only problem he noted was that none of the bullets hit the target.

I spoke to a guy at a public range who intentionally bought 7mm Rem mag ammo for his 7mm WBY rifle. He said, " The Wby ammo is just too expensive".
He's eventually going to get a Darwin award…

Bang your head.gif

WHY is there more than one pager this thread? Seems there should only be 3 potential answers.

QUESTION: - Can I fire a cartridge that was never intended to be fired in a differently chambered firearm?

ANSWERS: 1.WHY are you even considering this? Perhaps you need a gun safety course before posting again. 2. Yes - you can do it once. Tell us where to send flowers. 3. NO......

Very Bad idea!!! This sort of 'EXPERIMENTATION" , should never be considered legitimate. I have seen too much of this foolishness in my years in the gun dept . Rem 7mm Express or 280, in a 7mm Rem mag case. 300 win in a 300 Weatherby . The bad thing is that when someone gets away with doing something potentially dangerous like this, it then become ok , and others try it. The only switch I am aware of that is safe is .458 Ein Mag to 458 Lott. Why can't they just use the correct ammo???
+1 yup correct ammo.

Sure you can. Just get the chamber machined out if the overall dimensions allow.
The original poster is thinking two steps ahead. No brain fog from the needle here. Sharp as a whip. Bore out the chamber of headspace and bolt throw allow along with enough wall thickness in the resulting chamber.

Recent Posts