Shoot 6.5x55 from a 6.5 creedmoor rifle...

Generally thread drift doesn't bother me much. In this case it's such a simple question, and getting lost in the bushes of what can be interchanged is unnecessary in my opinion.

I would think this would be one case where we could come together with an emphatic NO DON'T DO IT.
It does not get any simpler than that.

Mike you do know that the 22 mag is .224 and the lr is is .221. So realy you should not shoot 22 mag ammo in a 22 lr barrel. Maybe becacause the are lead or plated lead bullets it doesn't matter I'm not sure.
What did I say. Most 22 rifle rim fire are set up for 22 Short, Longs, and Long Rifles. Nothing on 22 Mag's other than it takes a special chamber to allow for the length of the case. Which I have a 22 mag (Rim Fire) in Ruger and it for 22 mag only.

Would there be any issue shooting 6.5x55 ammo though a 6.5 creedmoor rifle?
Yes, but the bolt wouldn't close even if you used a bfh. My self I'd rather have the. 6.5X55 in a modern
Would there be any issue shooting 6.5x55 ammo though a 6.5 creedmoor rifle?
Yes there would be but you couldn't close the bolt even if you used a BFH. My self I'd rather have the 6.5X55 in a Mauser 98, loaded too modern pressure. What's a creedmoor? Oh that's right modern version a cartridge that's been around over a 100 yrs.

I like the 6.5 x 55 back when I was 14yr old. I ended up with on a few years back. It's Mauser 96 action so you can load it up and that's fine with me. I was really impressed with the long bullet.

When I was 14 yrs old I killed my first 11pt buck with a 95 mauser same as a 96 mauser but a carbine 16 in barrel 6.5-55 . I was using Norma 139 gr bullets factory loaded . The date was

When I was 14 yrs old I killed my first 11pt buck with a 95 mauser same as a 96 mauser but a carbine 16 in barrel 6.5-55 . I was using Norma 139 gr bullets factory loaded . The date was Nov 22 ND 1963 same day Pres Kennedy was assanated with a 6.5 carcano here's another example where these 2 cartridges are not inter changeable I sure am glad the 6.5 cal is after all those yrs has finally gotten due credit

I have that problem all the time......getting 6.5-284,sweede and Grendel cases mixed up in the wrong gun🙄 Had a guy a while back ask me what else he could shoot in his 6.5 creed? I thought his was jokeing but he was serious!
And they wonder why creed owners get a bad rap, the round is what it is but the owners are very questionable sometimes🤔

I was just given a 20 rd. box of Norma 6.5 x 55 156 gr.sp rnd. nose. can the bullet tip and powder be reloaded into a winchester 6.5 creedmoor brass.