Shepard scopes for my wife? Lighted reticle for me?

Sako7STW

I have been looking into one of these for a while now for my wife. She is a new shooter but is very very poor at judging distance. I would like to hear any reports from those that have used them. Is the glass on par with good optics like a Zeiss Conquest at a minimum? She shoots a 25-06.

I, myself, have noticed a problem I am having while hunting. When shooting at something that is on the move, I am looking more at the animal than I am my crosshairs. I think this has cost me some misses that should not have been. You may read into that as a good ol case of "Buck Fever" I want to buy me a scope for my rifle. mine is over 10 years old and it is time for an upgrade. One thing I am considering is some kind of lighted reticle. Be it either a dot in the center of the crosshair or part of the crosshair in the center is lighted.

Do you think this would help me retain focus better on where the crosshair actually is? I know it wont distract me from the animal, I don't think it is possible LOL. It is just where we hunt we often don't have much time for our shots unless we are shooting WAY off and the wind often prevents that.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.