Selling

shooter53

why is it that usa companies wont ship scopes or other shooting accessories to uk buyers, I bought things 20yrs ago with nearly 70% of stores shipping to the uk, What has changed ???

Just about anything firearms related is now heavily regulated by ITAR regs.

Most anything made either cannot be shipped out of the US due to ITAR, or the mfg's or distributors simply don't want to deal with the hassle of even getting close to ITAR scrutiny - even if the product is able to be shipped or sold.

why is it that usa companies wont ship scopes or other shooting accessories to uk buyers, I bought things 20yrs ago with nearly 70% of stores shipping to the uk, What has changed ???
This is just somewhat of a guess, they started turning up in the hands of people we were fighting, the state dept has always had a ban on the export of high-end optics to certain countries, you have to get an export-import form request to do so. So if an end-user can't buy from the USA they buy it out of a country that won't ban them, who "is" buying from the USA.
Before any Company can ship out of the country they have to check with the state dept, same goes for blueprints and designs they have to authorize it, do otherwise and it's jail time. Hope that helps a little, it's a little more complicated than the aforementioned. Cheers

Last edited:
Have you checked your latest import/custom rules/laws? Is it the lack of importers in the UK? What specific US scope manufacturers are you looking for? You might want to contact them directly to find out?

Have you checked your latest import/custom rules/laws? Is it the lack of importers in the UK? What specific US scope manufacturers are you looking for? You might want to contact them directly to find out?
A lot of my shooting now is night time foxs, I use a pard nv007 add on so i can take it off for evening shooting 1_2 hours before dark I bought 2 mueller eraticator scopes from the USA about 15yrs ago and they work great together with the ard add on, where high end glass wont, and unlike the USA we are limited to the amount of guns we own it would be very hard to get to rifles of the same cal, also we cant shoot deer with anything below a .243, my mate wanted the same mueller scope as me as they are perfect for our type of shooting but they are only available in the USA

A lot of my shooting now is night time foxs, I use a pard nv007 add on so i can take it off for evening shooting 1_2 hours before dark I bought 2 mueller eraticator scopes from the USA about 15yrs ago and they work great together with the ard add on, where high end glass wont, and unlike the USA we are limited to the amount of guns we own it would be very hard to get to rifles of the same cal, also we cant shoot deer with anything below a .243, my mate wanted the same mueller scope as me as they are perfect for our type of shooting but they are only available in the USA
So did you contact Mueller if they have an importer near you?

@Bucklowery /@FEENIX Ive checked out dealers and all are in the USA, i did buy one about 6yrs ago from Italy, Mueller never branched out to the European market for some reason, For the money they were a good scope for my type of shooting i set the paralax at 55yds with the add on (pard nv007) And i dont have to alter nothing all night just switch it on, im 1" high at 100yds and a rare 300yd shot my hold over would be the foxs body, Also the scope is going to get scratched out in the dark and you wouldnt want to be using 1500-2000$ scopes, they wouldnt work with a pard anyway due to lens coatings, thanks guys for your help happy hunting

This little thing called Isis educated stupid politicians how networks really work. IMO

@Bucklowery /@FEENIX Ive checked out dealers and all are in the USA, i did buy one about 6yrs ago from Italy, Mueller never branched out to the European market for some reason, For the money they were a good scope for my type of shooting i set the paralax at 55yds with the add on (pard nv007) And i dont have to alter nothing all night just switch it on, im 1" high at 100yds and a rare 300yd shot my hold over would be the foxs body, Also the scope is going to get scratched out in the dark and you wouldnt want to be using 1500-2000$ scopes, they wouldnt work with a pard anyway due to lens coatings, thanks guys for your help happy hunting
Market research is just one of the business tools to help them decide on their business operations/strategy, especially when it comes to risk, return on investments, etc. "I" do not think it is political, import/export restrictions, but rather a business decision that Mueller made, as you noted. IMHO, the key is to have a UK importer (demand) willing and able to work with Mueller (supply) to have a successful economic relationship.