Selling firearms locally

cohunt

Question--

I've been toying with selling some firearms that just sit in my safe

Due to corado laws of having to do transfers through an ffl and all the new issues with shipping firearms ( limitations from ups, FedEx, etc) it is easier to try to sell locally for me by just meeting at a local ffl for a transfer.

In the past I had luck selling on arms list when it was free--- but now you have to create an account and sign up for auto pay with a cc.

besides listing on here for "local sale only"--- are there other inexpensive or free places to advertise for local sales that you have good luck with sales?

The whole shipping thing has made selling firearms another tax. Simple money grab. I offered a rifle to someone here for a great price since it would fit his needs perfectly. You guessed it from NY to CA has been a grueling trip especially for buyer. You can get married in under ten minutes yet take two weeks to complete a simple second amendment transaction!!! Whew, guess I needed to rant.

In the end it all worked out fairly for each of us which is all either of us wanted. I'd sell locally for -25% just to hand off through a FFL simply.

Or - have your LGS sell it on consignment. I usually pay 10%.
So. Calif. the LGS charge 25% due to the required paperwork. OTOH, the selling price due to the demand for firearms is high enough to cover the surcharge and still get you a very good price for your firearms. I cleared about 50% of mine last year and came out quite OK.

If you happen to know, a good, honest ,local FFL dealer, can be a plus . Then, if ya have something even slightly unique, vintage, or rare, that's a win. They usually easy sell those things. Good luck.

I use Armslist. It is a paid service now but that has cut out a lot of riff raff. I did get a lot of stupid people or ATF agents trying to bait me into an out of state handgun sale or straw purchase.

I've bought and sold a lot on a local fun forum that gets as much or more traffic than here.
I would think there is something similar for Colorado.