Self timing break for savage 110

doug2080

I recently purchased a new savage 110 ultralite 6.5 PRC with the proof barrel for my daughter and would like to find a self timing break for it that matches close to the barrel profile as possible. Was hoping someone has gone down the same road and could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

I recently purchased a new savage 110 ultralite 6.5 PRC with the proof barrel for my daughter and would like to find a self timing break for it that matches close to the barrel profile as possible. Was hoping someone has gone down the same road and could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Measure the muzzle diameter. With this information, contact Nathan at https://muzzlebrakesandmore.com/, and he will recommend what is best for your chambering and barrel.

Last edited:
Hawkins Precision has a really great self timing brake which I typically put on my rifles. The ports are more hunting specific to not blast you and their self timing system is the best that I have used and I prefer it over MBM and Area419.

TS Customs have their Ghost Muzzle Brake. I don't have personal experience with them, but I know they make great rifles. They have a few different sizing options listed on their website to best match the profile of the barrel, if you know it or can just measure the diameter at the muzzle.

https://tscustomsrifles.com/product/ghost-muzzle-brakes

I really like the Area 419 brake. I use it on several rifles. Plus, I have the same adapter setup to handle my TBAC suppressor. My 300 WSM, for example, is toned down to somewhere in between a .223 and .243 for felt recoil. My 300 WSM has a sporter barrel, so it looks a little funky with that big ole brake at the end, but being able to spot impacts with a magnum cartridge is awesome.

I have a Meraki Machine Self Timing Muzzle Brake I will give your daughter.

5/8-24 with a 308 bore diameter

Link to information

Meraki Machine Self Timing Muzzle Brake

Meraki Machine is 5/8-24, 30 caliber and .943" diameter
IMG_4081.png
IMG_4082.png

What is a "self timing" break? This is the first time I see that term.

SRS 'Lil Chub - I used one not on a savage ultralite but a smaller profile barrel and liked it.

from their website:

The 'Lil Chub is the perfect balance between performance, weight, and length. Why have double the length and weight for equal performance? This brake is a perfect fit for the Savage Ultralite, Carbon6 Featherweight barrels, and any smaller diameter barrel with 5/8-24 threads. 1.725″ OAL – 1.15 oz – 5/8-24 threads – .860″ brake diameter – Timing Nut tapers to .750″