segregating bullets and cases???

Nicholas

How do you guys separate your bullets into piles, what weight differences do you use?

Also does anyone sort there brass by case volume? Or do you just weigh your cases? how much weight difference do you use to seperate your cases

For the bullets---they MUST be within 1/10 th of a grain of each other and really I like them to be the SAME weight.

For the cases they MUST be within the same grain of each other or within 1/2 of a grain of each other is better yet.

Later
DC

I'll ditto DC's view - basically as close as possible given the #/lot size I'm dealing with. As usual: unifomity=consistency=accuracy
smile.gif

I have a nice method of segregating bullets that you might consider. I use a small plastic tackle box, the kind that you can arrange several compartments in separate rows. You can get these in fishing tackle shops, they have a lid that snaps shut, are transparent plastic, cost 5 bucks.

The one that I have has three lengthwise rows. Each row can be divided into six smaller compartments. I use the outer two rows for compartments, throw culls and 0.0's into the center which only has two compartments.

I just made some labels +0.1 to +0.6 and -0.1 to -0.6 for each row of compartments. Have separate compartments for 0.0 and CULLS. Use an electronic scale and weigh several bullets to see what the average weight is. Let's say most bullets are weighing 165.2. I call that the 0.0 and separate in tenths each way from that average.

Some match bullets don't require this but I find this particularly worth doing for many makes of hunting bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.